1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Nichrome vs Kanthal

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Aero K, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Aero K

Aero K Thread Starter Member

So I've spent quite a bit of time working with kanthal and ss, I've also built with nickel, but I wanna know what are the benefits of Nichrome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

None from what I know, not many people (as far as I know and have read) even use it for building coils. Back in the day people used to say it gave a bad taste when using it compared to Kanthal, so with that I never even bothered to use it.

Siam Diesel and Scuba Vaper like this.
  3. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Open Water Scuva Instructor

@-V- summary about what I understood too.

However, some builders like it for wrapping claptons I think, and I think this has to do with how the metal behaves, a science I don't fully understand nor could explain to you, Google would probably answer.

Also in dismantling my stock kanger VOCC coils, I find nichrome wire. Kanger are pretty big in UK, so there's probably a ton of vapers using nichrome without being aware.

I re build my kanger VOCC coils and so far nichrome worked out best, but that could be me just learning to rebuild vertical stock coils, I hasten to add.

I think nichrome is considered safe by vapers, so why not build some coils yourself and compare with other wires and let us know how you got on :)

jon and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

5. JohnKalasin
    No Mood

JohnKalasin Well-Known Member

Nicrome gives you more wraps and better taste compared to Kanthal..(IMO)
    More wraps=better taste and more vapor production... Im at .28 with 8-9 wraps dual coils.