1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

NextGen Knock Off

Discussion in 'Vaping Reviews' started by Darth Vaper, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

No chatter about the NextGen... seems as if all y'all Thailand vapers are just not that into genesis style atomizers. Well then you're in luck. Despite the name and what everyone else seems to think, this is not a genesis style tank. Not in this reviewer's opinion at least. It could be argued that it is a descendant of the genesis style but as it is, it is believed to be different enough to be taken as a new style in its own class.

Will this device tear the fabric of your reality at the seems? No. Does it produce vapor from liquid in an entirely satisfactory way? Yes. Should you buy one immediately? Yeah. Why not? This one at the modest price of 13 United States of America Dollars and 77 hundredths of said Dollars is well worth the cost.

Here is what you get: a novel way to build that produces excellent flavor and decent vapor. This is based on the performance obtained so far with just 2 builds experience. Not going to make any lofty claims about clouds. Nothing to bitch about neither. Right in the middle.

Most appreciated feature - no leaks. Don't know how it accomplishes this exactly but put to the truest of tests (stuck in front pocket of loose fit shorts so that setup was free to move in the range of right side up to upside down, while skateboarding for an hour or so) it emerged with all the goo in its rightful place. Not a drop misplaced. That is something.

Downside: once it is built and filled with juice, the wick and coil are completely hidden. If you want to take a peak at the health of those materials after some amount of time, you best drain the tank because there does not seem to be a way to disassemble the thing in order to get a gander at the coil without also liberating your liquids. Maybe if you were ultra careful but it would be more effort overall then just vacuuming it up into a syringe and then having at it - so that is what you would do if not a sufferer of chronic dumb.

Last - about the whacky build that appears to be the preferred method around the intermawebs...
    You can fiddle with the second smaller piece of differently graded mesh or just not bother. Recommend just taking some small amount of cotton, pulling it apart until you have only a thin amount of loosely grouped wisps of the stuff - then wrapping that around your mesh before you wrap the wire around the whole thing.

At this point, a picture would be helpful but there isn't one prepared and creating one now just smacks of effort. So use your imagination. Here is a picture that serves no purpose beyond showing off the nice way the atomizer pairs with a 4nine.

NEXTGEn1.jpg

and here is a video by some clever jerk demonstrating some build that has never personally been attempted so no opinion can be offered about it except that it is hated and should not be trusted.

"Quimby. Vote for him."

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I was looking at this a few weeks back as I've never used a genny and fancied trying something different. My previous two attempts, Sat22 & Nahualon, were awful (poorly machined) and returned.
    I didn't bother in the end but would be interested to try one out at a future vape meet ;)

3. nbd101
    Thinking

nbd101 Well-Known Member

I got one of these. Not sure if mine is faulty or I just suck but every build has shorted on me.

4. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Well--at first glance I thought it was an Orchid V.1 stylee thing--wow, how wrong was I--weird little vertical coiled thing, eh--not sure, that I have ever seen anything like this.
    Sort of interested but would like to try someone else's before I spent caSH ON ONE. oops capslock.
    **Updated**
    Having just watched 'A Bloody Good Vaping''--he's made me want to try one.
    **Updated**
    It can only be built with SS Mesh???

5. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Thread Starter Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

It might be you. First go at this one also had the same issue.

Went back to the start and here is the thing:

Fire up your mesh to oxidize it. When you are satisfied and go to move on to the next step, stop. Count to 3 and then repeat the entire process of oxidizing your mesh like you did not just do it 5 seconds ago.

Repeat the entire loop at least 1 more time. The mesh not being coated with crud is most likely the source of the shorts. In order to get a good layer built up, fire it A LOT more than you think it needs to be sure.

Recommend you dig up some dekang you will never vape but for some reason wont throw away and use that to prime the mesh before torching it. It will do nothing to add to the flavor of your vape so why waste the good stuff?
    **Updated**
    Never say never!

You might be able to get a good result with another material... You'd just have to try and report.

Considering how the device is designed though, you would need something that has good capillary action but is not too absorbant.

Mesh works well, try that. Oh wait, ... what is wrong with mesh again?

6. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

Received the Nextgen last Friday and today my first build wit 400 mesh and 6 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal (about 1 ohm)
    It took a while to solve the hot spots, but now it works like a charm.
    It's not a fog monster but what a taste!
    I think it outperforms my Kraken as far as taste concerns.

[​IMG]

On top of a Cloupor mini

Darth Vaper likes this.