1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

new vtc5 burning

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by jules, Jul 2, 2014.

1. jules

jules Thread Starter New Member

I just received 2 new 18650 vtc5 and I charged them up fully. I put it into my copper 4 nine and it heated up ridiculously fast. I quickly got it out and burned my hands lol.. I let cool off and then tried it in my svd and it doesnt work at all. I then went on to try the second battery and I put my kayfun on my 4 nine and everything was fine. About 15 minutes later I put my origen v2 on and same thing happened. Thats 2 brand new 18650 vtc5's in a row.. Any thoughts or is it a defect? Thanks

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

That sounds like a short from you coil which did that.

I'd say it's had its day if it got that hot...

3. jules

They were both new out of the box. Charged them up on the intelicharger i4 and that was it. Same attys and none of my other batteries ever gave me trouble. So weird..

4. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Did it heat up without you pressing the firing switch? If so, you have a hard short, has nothing to do with the atomizer. Is the plastic casing on either of the batteries damaged? Pictures of anything you think might be important would help.

5. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Thinking, doesn't the 4-Nine not have a positive post? The atomizer's positive post touches the battery directly, right? Is the positive post on your atomizer not sticking out very far? That would explain a short.

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

What atomizer did you put on in the first place the origen V2 ?

Did both incident happened when the origen V2 was attached ? I think Ryan is right there was a short cut maybe because the centre pin of the origen v2, was to far in.

When I first started with mechanical mods the same thing happened to me not with this battery but others, and that tough me to examine the atomizer careful and make sure the centre pin of the atomizer is out before screwing it onto the mod.

7. jules

Thanks guys!!! It did happen to both only when the origen was attached. The center post is short so that is probably what happened. This is the first time this has ever been an issue for me. Well I guess we learn something new everyday. Sucks to be me today lol