1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

New product fatigue

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by farangmick, Jan 12, 2017.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Much as I like looking at the new products from the big companies, they are no longer relevant to me.
    They seem to be either TPD compliant starter kits, or 300 watt cloud chasing monsters. Now the monsters are coming with the matching tank, complete with octuple coil for posers.
    I think I started vaping at the right time, about 15 months ago. Subox Mini kit from @Lotta still in use with the RBA deck. Aspire Premium kit introduced me to the Nautilus tank and Aspire coil. A couple of good single coil RTA's, and I found my level.
    Obviously, this is just me. X million vapers will have x million opinions. I'm just happy I'm not starting now with fifty variations of the eGo AIO to choose from.

2. sezze

sezze Active Member

True , but you have to remember that the TPD compliance is shaking the market as we speak . Many many costumers are in EU market , and other countries ( Thailand is 1 of them ) don't always make it easy also . Any company who thinks : we don't care about TPD , is a dead fish in the water . This stuff will go on for the next year or 2 minmum before things at least start settling down .
    2nd thing is , there is nothing new in general . a mod by itself is nothing more then a voltage regulator and you can put fancy things inside to upgrade exotic material to go temp control but it is still the same . Unless somebody finds something new , we will see this trend not turning around .
    That is also why i stated that i like to see more premium finished produkts . Most products are fine , goodworking things . I really do not think there is a product coming out which is bad quality , or doesn't do the job . But if i want something new now , i look for something special . My Pico and Alien both are good but in my opinion they do not look like the Lost Vape Therion , which just looks better ( read : more quality / high end look and feel ) .

jpr likes this.
  3. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

think you just right.
    It's just difficult now to get what you like.
    big companies who don't care the new regulations, the fashion, the final cost etc...will finally be a dead fish, but excess could risky too (250w mod with a 6 coils cell and a 2.5ml tank)
    I still enjoy good quality "old things" as long I can rebuild the coils.
    @farangmick : as many, I rebuid vertical coils on aspire coils (stop using the small rebuilding coil ),

Konvict likes this.
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Would you care to elaborate on that? I don't fully understand it.

5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

sorry my english is sometime....
    I was using the RBA Coil Head for Atlantis: $2.81 Replacement Rebuildable RBA Coil Head for Atlantis Clearomizer - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    I prefer now rebuild the original coil (much easier for me)
    (there is a lot of vdo about aspire coils)

farangmick and Konvict like this.
  6. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Meh I think vaping has sort of reached its peak development-wise. Don't know anyone who's style of vaping really needs over 150W. 300W is excessive so companies are now trying to work around this by making x-battery mods and x-coil pre built coil heads. Kinda feel the same about smartphones, how companies are now trying to justify new releases with bigger screens and fancy cameras. Same way I'm not interested in carrying around a 7 inch smartphone with a 32mp camera in my pocket I'm not interested in carrying around a 6 battery 300W mod with an octuple coil. As long as my phone is capable of phone calls and messages I'm happy. Internet, camera, etc are just bonuses but I draw the line when a new phone means a new belt. Same with mods.

7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It's all about the chase, very much similar to my experiences with women. Once I get them I lose interest very quickly. Fortunately I have rekindled my interest of drippers (atomisers, not females) and they are usually half the price of an RTA.
    I am content with the mods I have, but may rotate occasionally.

8. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Great if you can do it. My eyes and hands just about cope with a single coil RTA/RBA.
    **Updated**
    I won the chase once and got married. On reflection, I should have pulled up in the first fifty metres with a tight hamstring.