1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Nemesis Copper by Hcigar

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's PVs, Mods, Devices and Kits' started by Big by-pass, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

- Copper Body
    - Terminal 510
    - Compatible battery 18650 18500 18350.
    - Lock switch.
    - Contacts all the silver protective oxide.

Price 1299THB.
    Magnet 20THB./1pcs.
    EMS Shipping in Thailand 50THB.
    0890312060 Big

Ne-copper.jpg
    Ne-copper.1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

re: Nemesis Copper by Hcigar OUT OF STOCK!

Are these now in stock Big ByPass?

3. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Yes,Have in stock
    Thank you.

4. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

Ok, my quick little review having had this for an hour. Mind you, this is my first new Nemesis clone, so I don't know what others are like new.

Externally, this thing is pristine. Everything lines up perfectly, light reflects uniformly, color is consistent throughout the pieces. There are faint horizontal milling marks along the tubes, most prominently on the 18650 extension piece. Very easily buffed out if one was so inclined, since copper is so soft. There was a little bit of gunk in one of the air holes, but I blew it out pretty easily. No swarf from drilling or rough holes on my piece.

The switch. The center screw would not screw all the way down by hand, I had to use a pair of pliers to help it along. It didn't take much force, now everything is fine. It binds a little about halfway up, but I can already feel it working itself in. 2 springs inside just like it is supposed to have, very cleanly plated screw.

The inside of the tubes is a little dirty. It looks like the raw pipe had a bit of water sitting in it, so there is a vertical line of oxidation along the tube. Easy to clean, but its on the inside so who cares. If you look very very closely, one of the two little indentations for lining up the air holes is punched a little low on mine, but like I said, you have to really be looking closely for that. The laser etching on the tube is perfect, but on the button there is a little bit of that burn you see on the clones that makes it look blurry. Easily polished off.

After cleaning up the threads and throwing on a bit of Noalox to smooth them out, the threads are as smooth as butter and well machined. The locking ring is the tiniest bit loose, but spins freely, no binding.

Copper is very soft compared to brass and stainless, so if I cared I would be very careful with this one, especially the threads. I'll be putting in a washer as a shim to shorten the throw of the switch, and as soon as FastTech delivers I'll throw in the magnets. Great value for 1299 baht.

5. -V-
    Cool

I am guessing the 510 connection is also copper?
    How do you think that will hold up over time? (screwing and un screwing)

6. ryanmacl

It should hold up fine, but don't over-tighten anything. It is really important to make sure everything is mounted flush so you don't have any wiggling going on. Also be really careful about cross-threading, you should always unscrew until you hear the click of the threading, then start screwing in slowly. If you have a new atty, put it in a stainless mod first to work in the threads, then put it in the copper one.

7. -V-
    Cool

Good advice...

8. -V-
    Cool

Is it hitting well ryan?

9. ryanmacl

Hits fine. If you want I can compare the voltage drop with the one I got from fruit-lover, but really that information is kind of stupid. Mech mods all hit fine in my opinion.

10. ryanmacl

Ok you talked me into it. As you can see, they are both stupid close. Like I said, its basically impossible for a real mechanical mod to hit poorly, its a chunk of metal making a circuit.

Both mods were cleaned within the last 24 hours and Noalox was applied to the threads. Tests were done with a fresh Sony US18650VTC4 battery.

1.72 ohm Kayfun
    Copper: with atty: 4.11v
    Stainless: with atty: 4.10v
    Copper: no atty: 4.16v
    Stainless: no atty: 4.16v

.45 ohm Storm-A
    Copper: with atty: 3.95v
    Stainless: with atty: 3.91v
    Copper: no atty: 4.15v
    Stainless: no atty: 4.15v

11. pommyb

pommyb New Member

:rolling laugh: Good to see that the lower voltage drop that the ultra-dubohm vapers are after is as massive as they say. :rolling laugh:

Good thing I only want one because I think it looks really cool.:rolling laugh:

12. ryanmacl

Well I'm sure there are more differences between different styles of mods, but seriously, how much difference could it possibly make. The answer is none. Its a pissing contest. Copper or brass or stainless or Nemesis or Chi-You or K1000, who cares.

Just like you, I bought it cuz copper looks badass, its easy to etch and patina, and the price is just so so right. Plus copper smells like copper. Gotta love that copper smell.

13. -V-
    Cool

Re: Nemesis Copper by Hcigar OUT OF STOCK!

Just got mine today, this thing is a thing of beauty...
    Although, i can't get my beauty ring off, it's solid...

14. -V-
    Cool

Here she is:
    copper.JPG copper2.JPG

I must say the switch/button is nice, with the spring in it, as I am waiting on my magnets arriving, it's a nice firm press and not crunchy at all.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  15. Pipcon
    Cool

Pipcon Well-Known Member

Looks nice with that non RBA on there:)

Sent from my iPhone using some sort of magic hocus pocus