1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Need a kit

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by BKBound, Jan 18, 2017.

1. BKBound

BKBound Thread Starter Member

Hello Vapers,

I'm heading back to Bkk for a holiday. Is it possible to find a reasonable kit at any of the markets in Bangkok? I don't need anything fancy, just an all-in-one for a half decent mouth to lung vape.
    I am gonna need some juice as well but can't be arsed to mess around with ordering it online and getting it delivered.

Cheers

2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I am sure you can get a reasonable cloned starter kit in Bangkok at a street market stall for a lot of money and some genuine fake crappy juice that tastes like radiator coolant with an undisclosed amount of nicotine in there (mostly lower than on the bottle).

I wouldn't be arsed looking around for one and come to the conclusion that it doesn't work as well as I thought it would and think the whole time which chemicals I taste in the juice, but each to their own.

:welcome:

If you ever decide to order online on the day you leave England and have your package delivered at the hotel you are staying at here is some helpful information.

Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

farangmick, samui, jpr and 3 others like this.
  3. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Don't have any first hand experience in Bangkok but a couple of my guests said they saw quite a few vendors, others said they couldn't find anything. Re quality I guess it would be the same all around Thailand; down here you can get cloned $3 eGo blister packs for anywhere from 400-800 baht (kits of 2) and fake Liqua juice at 100 baht for 10ml.

Lately I noticed one particular vendor who I had noticed before broaden his inventory with a selection of about 6 or 7 Malaysian juices for sale, most open, at 600-750 baht (they retail at 300-350) apart from the usual fake Liqua fare. When he noticed me looking at the better juices, he told me "no good for cheap" pointing at the eGo devices then pulled out a clearly used Kangertech Subox kit from under the table and offered it at a "special price" of "only" 3,000 baht.

In a nutshell, don't set the bar too high as far as quality goes, and expect to pay well over retail for what you find. Better off ordering from one of the online vendors and having it shipped to your hotel.

4. etcyberdude

etcyberdude Well-Known Member

Innnokin Endura T22 interested? PM me

BKBound likes this.
  5. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Hi all i have looked at the vendors on here but it says a lot of the gear is out of stock ,is this just for the eyes or is this the case ,the reason i ask is with the problematic situation about bringing vape gear to thailand through customs at the airport ,i already know of one who has reverted back to the dark side for the time of his stay rather than possibly be dragged away and thrown into the dungeon , so when i return later this year i will probably need to aquire some gear . Judging from the comments i will be getting it through one of the site vendors and not from some shonk on the street or in a market .

6. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

If they say out of stock they are out of stock. However, there are loads of vendors here, there is almost always someone who has something of interest. I have a list of over 30 vendors in Thailand, many of which I've purchased off with no problems. Much better to buy from an online vendor, prices at the 'markets' can be double! However, if you are discrete, you can probably just bring something with you. Friend just flew in with 6 mods and tanks in his luggage, was pulled aside for a baggage ex-ray but no problems, just waved him on. Maybe pushing it a bit but if you had one in your baggage, I doubt you'll have a problem. He was the first person I know that has been pulled aside and the first for him after flying here for 15 years 5-6 times a year.

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I travel in & out of here for work frequently...usually carry a couple of mods in my checked luggage & the batteries in my carry-on with an 18650 flashlight (torch)...gotta have spare batts, right?!?! ;) I also plastic wrap my checked luggage whenever possible to discourage light-fingered baggage handlers.

If you're well presented coming through Swampy, the chances of having any problems is pretty small. And the VIP meet-n-greet services that are available will reduce those chances even further (and get you through Immigration in a jiffy when the line is long).
    :vaping: :vaping:

chris snell and Konvict like this.
  8. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

hi guys i am so tempted to bring my gear with me would be only 1 mod a tank and some juice to see me through as you say a torch is always handy to have and you MUST have spare batteries ,last time i was there i looked at the guy he looked at me and i walked out was in a suit jacket well dressed not shorts and singlet we dont have the wrapping service here or not at my local airport but i use those fancy locks . I dont want to go back to the dark side if i can help it so it will probably be a 11 hour decision as the english say do i have the bottle for it hahahaha.

Siam Diesel and Nakhonsisean like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Just do it mate...grab a bottle of champagne in duty free (gives Customs something to look at ;))...and bring 2 mods. It always pays to have a backup. :)

10. chris snell
    Fine

chris snell crispenator

Hahahaha as i said last time he looked at me i at him and i walked out nothing said ,i just watched a video of a guy going through suvanabumi he left his vape gear at home and he just walked straight past the x ray machine with his luggage but they did snavel what appears to look like some chinese tourists and put all there bags through ,luck of the draw i suppose.

11. hotdogs1

hotdogs1 Well-Known Member

Put it in carry on and into your pockets before getting off the plane. I do the same in to Singapore. They may scan your bags but I've never been frisked.
    **Updated**
    Oh, put gear in check in baggage when leaving. I do the battery and torch in carry on thing as well.

chris snell and Siam Diesel like this.