1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

nearly got arrested for vaping (close call)

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by rojan, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I re-watched it, too...I think the audio may just be out of sync but will have to confirm that with a Thai speaker. :)

2. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Update: would be a clever way to try and wiggle out of something but in this case, it seems that the audio is just delayed slightly. If you look closely you can make out the words do match the lips just offset by a second or two.

Must have been originally ripped from live playback / captured streaming or something during encoding / transcoding that introduced the delay.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Never thought you had DV, just noticed it though when watching it so thought i'd say so...

4. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

5. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

6. santaclaus

santaclaus Well-Known Member

It's quite scary stuff but mostly it seems that the cops are just trying to make easy money with scare tactics.

It would be interesting to see someone actually going to court for possession of vaping equipment and what would be the outcome.

7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

From what I've read on the Thai FB groups, if one ends up in court, they assess the fine as set out in the regulations...4-5x the value of the 'illegally imported' goods.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't want to go through the Thai legal system...besides the fine, itself, there would be the cost of a lawyer & who knows what else. It's best not to get caught but beyond that, I'd prefer to pay the 'fine' from the BiB and be done with it...trying, of course, to keep the mod/atty as part of the negotiation. YMMV ;)
    :vaping: :vaping: