1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Nautilus Re-buildable Coil

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by -V-, May 4, 2014.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I've just retired...saving my energy for a P3 buy...
    :rolling laugh::ha ha ha::grin:

2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

here s a vid on how to rebuilt the BVC Coil

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Seen and posted that already, finally it didn't work:grin:

Screen Shot 2557-08-21 at 1.49.42 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. fillmcavity
    Angelic

fillmcavity Serial Vapist

I drilled out 2 of the 4 holes on the atomizer to see if I can improve the air flow from my last build.
    Original:
    NC1.jpg
    Drilled:
    NC2.jpg
    Actually, I just reamed it. The metal is very soft.
    I stripped it naked so as not to damage that inside wicking material. The little white tube thingy with the slots go on the inside with the long slot aligned with the notches on the inner metal piece. Then I just wrapped the flat wick around it and inserted it back where it came from.
    NC3.jpg
    I built a 1.8 ohm micro coil and wicked it with silica. This makes for a better contact with the inside and wicks better too in my opinion.
    NC4.jpg
    The coil fits snug as a bug in a rug aligned with the shorter slots where the upper original coil used to sit. I made sure that the air path is clear.
    NC5.jpg

This worked well. The draw is definitively better than before and after using it for a couple of hours, I haven't had a dry hit yet. But if I'm going to do this again, I will drill out the other two holes as well and fit a 1.6 ohm coil. I think that will improve the flavor. I'm vaping it at 9.0 watts on an iTaste v/v.

NC1.jpg

NC2.jpg

NC3.jpg

NC4.jpg

NC5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
    jpr likes this.