1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Nautilus glass scam

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Banjo, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Banjo

Banjo Thread Starter Member

Many of us who bought into Aspire's daft glass Nautilus scam did so on the assumption there was something to be gained by doing so. With the benefit of hindsight it's plain as day that most people who felt the need to buy these tanks did so without realising they'd soon be out of pocket having bought something that they never needed in the first place. Most users would have been perfectly happy vaping the Nautilus into a plastic holder, but Aspire had other ideas. The results are all over the web and it seems churlish to repeat the result here.
    In truth the Nautilus was never as good as the Fanboys claimed. The humble BDC coil frequently matched it at a fraction of the price, but when the faithful see stars/and dollars in their eyes, reason goes out the window and a new saviour is announced. That's marketing in the 21t century.

But even if you buy into all the hoopla promoted by the BVC crowd, the fact remains that this gizmo is built to smash on the floor at the slightest of knocks. and that those foolish enough - like me - to buy into paying for it are - to put it politely - naive.

2. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

You might be happy vaping out of a PMA tank but the vast majority of vapers demand glass tanks, nothing to do with the manufacturers really except for once they listened to their customers. With more than a few tank cracking juices on the market it just made sense.

3. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

I like glass tanks. they do break if dropped, but they dont crack due to vaping the wrong juice. The nautilus problem is that there is not metal top piece which helps to protect it. they have released replacements that are stainless steel for those who prefer it.

[​IMG]

4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

I don't really get it, there is a T sleeve in stainless steel available for the nautilus mini and most people prefer glass tank to PMA anyway. Yes they are not meant to be dropped to start with but glass is easier to clean, safer to hold liquid in and looks better on top of it.

I don't see where it is a scam really, they can't be held responsible for you to drop the tank.

Thus said I appreciate that on the Atlantis and Subtank the glass is actually thicker and does not break that easily.

Banjo and Tibo like this.
  5. Banjo

Blimey! That was one hell of a night. Now i have a hangover and am slightly perplexed what i was doing ranting online at 3 in the morning. Anyway, does Micky have spare glass or whatever for these things?

yourauntbob likes this.
  6. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I,too, much prefer the glass tanks. Just went back to an old Taifun GT that had been laid up in a box and, even though I thought I had cleaned it well, the plastic tank has started to split along the threads. I guess that there was some ejuice lurking there.

7. Banjo

I'm back to vaping the same juice - Newminster 23- in a cheap and cheerful plastic Aspire clearo bought from Micky more than a year ago and its perfectly nice. To be honest i can't tell much difference between this thing and the Nautilus. And, i've probably dropped this one a hundred times without any problems. I guess people who are into vaping can tell the difference, but for those of us who do this simply to avoid tobacco there is not much between them.

8. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

I didnt like the idea of glass tanks after my first attempt with kayfun quarts kits, they break easy and i went through quite a few. The latest lot of glass tanks, K4, Subtanks and Lemo seem to be a lot stronger. My kids knock my stuff of the computer table daily and I havent had a single breakage yet. I do have many replacment glass sections waiting though. The ultimate defence against breakage hast to be full steel with NI200 coil so you dont have to worry about watching the liquid level. This is the setup I use for my tank cracking liquids too.

9. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

I have a few mini sized glass tanks and they aren't fragile although obviously if dropped hard enough I'm sure they'd break, but they never broke when I knocked mine around. You could use SS as mentioned above, but I don't think it's that easy to break personally.

As far as plastic tanks, I got one with my MVP, the Innokin iClear tank, it's plastic. Just as an FYI, I dropped that tank and I am not sure what went wrong, but it no longer vapes (maybe some connection got knocked loose, I'm not sure as I played around with it but can't figure out why it won't fire). So all of my glass tanks work whereas my one plastic tank broke. I think this is all more luck than anything else.

10. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I like a few liquids, that are tank crackers, so for me it is important to have some glasstanks as well. I won a black Kayfun tank with a plastic section, but oh boy I would have preferred some glass. I just bough a Lemo and a Kaifun V 4 and i use the glass section in the Kaifun V.4. Hopefully i one day only have glass tanks, because i believe they are a bit better for my health. When some e-liquid crack a tank , maybe also other liquids cause a chemical reaction, we just don't know it,.

11. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Good point, just heat + plastic is not really a good idea, I think glass is definitely an improvement. If not necessary it sure seems superior in most ways besides for durability when dropped.

12. Banjo

Good grief! this was a dumb post even by my own low standards. This is why i shouldn't go on the internet at 2.15 am after a night on Tequila. Anyway, Micky has come to my rescue and a new tank in a metal case is on its way. I don't know how droppable the new system will be, but it's probably best to keep the nautilus for home use only. I have to say after a couple of days back on BDC's i've had a fair few dry hits which i wasn't getting from the Nauty, so i'm prepared to eat some humble pie and admit my initial post was a load of old drunken nonsense. Actually, my drinking companion dropped his nearly new HTC phone and smashed it, so i've gotten off lightly.

judas, yourauntbob and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Ouch...tekillya can be brutal! There's also the full metal jacket option if you want to bounce the Nauty off the sidewalk from time-to-time... I've got one that I don't like...prefer to see the liquid level. PM me if you're interested.

upload_2015-4-9_9-25-21.png

14. Banjo

I prefer to see the level too, but thanks for the offer. It'll be interesting to see how the new toy works out. I also have a Cloupor mini in the post from FT which will be my first Box style mod, and hopefully less likely to fall off a table.:chinrub:

15. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

He bought a clouper mini :surprised: Well, we know what the next drunken rant is going to be about and it should be a doozy :rolling laugh:

Siam Diesel likes this.