1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

my first nickel build

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by asiaexpat, Apr 24, 2015.

1. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Thread Starter Well-Known Member

built my first nickel coil with wire that i got from 3avape.

about 8 wraps, 2.5 mm nicely spaced in a subtank mini rba--it is showing resistance at .121--I guess should be lower--so maybe 1 less wrap next time

have set it at 18.7 joules and 300 temp--vaping nicely

i'm not really sure what i should be doing other than waiting to see if it cuts out--one thing will interesting to see is how burnt the cotton gets the next time i change it. i expect that it should not turn brown at all

my understanding is that increasing the joules would be like increasing watts... increasing the temp would be to get more warmth

2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Yeah, it doesn't seem to cut out at all and regulates very well although I haven't tried a very low temp with 50J.

How you finding it? I've only tried with the Lemo Drop which I don't particularly like but the quality of vape was better than I ever got from Kanthal on it. Flavour wasn't any better than Kanthal though, maybe a bit worse.

3. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I like it so far--I am using a new juice so i cant really compare flavor but I am getting nice vape
    **Updated**
    as the tank is getting low on juice I am starting to get some harsh hits---shouldn't this not be happenning? or do i need to lower the temp threshhold to lower that the existing 300 degrees