1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

MVP Question

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by byoung, Dec 9, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

When the battery finally dies, and will no longer take a charge, will the USB pass-through still work?

2. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

probably not because the usb pass-through is hooked up to the battery...so, if the battery can't hold a charge the usb will be worthless. If it does die just take it apart buy another battery unit and install it....there is a YouTube video that showed how at one time.

byoung likes this.
  3. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

As said, it needs a certain amount in the battery to use it as a passthrough...

4. byoung
    Cloud_9

AH! Didn't know you could replace the battery. Is it a solder job? Who sells the replacements?

5. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I can't remember but I think it was just clipping the wires twisting on the new wires and shrink wrap...I looked for the video but couldn't find it...

6. byoung
    Cloud_9

I searched for it, as well, but no luck. And then there's the issue of sourcing the replacement battery. I have no idea how that is done. Direct from the manufacturer?

Looks like a paper weight in the making.

7. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

no, it's a standard lion battery pack that most radio shack type stores will carry....gonna go look again
    **Updated**
    Still no luck but this guy had a usb port problem and took it apart and you can clearly see how everything works....actually 2 battery packs inside the unit

byoung likes this.
  8. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

Does it die that quickly/easily?
    Now you got me worried about my battery and I don't have a backup bought yet!!

9. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

a normal li-ion battery takes in 250 charging cycles before it dies so I guess a year or a little more

10. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

They last quite a while under normal use and if you fall into the trap of vaping you will surely have other devices to take the strain off the MVP....you definitely could save money vaping over smoking, but the odds are way against it.

Siam Diesel and judas like this.
  11. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

That is why I usually buy regulated mods with changable battery. It it also quicker to charge the battery with a wall charger than by USB. I do have a istick 20w, but that is so cheap, so it doen't matter.

12. David in Bangkok

David in Bangkok Well-Known Member

I am definitely thinking about my next battery purchase already, and I am thinking about one of those, but I want to try to keep my spending somewhat limited.

As you said
    That was the same in 2009, except the equipment was much worse and quite a bit cheaper. I don't remember too many $100+ mods (that weren't a complete ripoff). So now it's much better, but even more expensive. I remember back then people would try to push vaping because you could "save money over smoking" hahahahaha.

13. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

I do save money vaping, but my reason for vaping is the health. When I was smoking I used between $ 200 -250 a month on cigarettes. last month i did,n save anything , because so many new things coming out like the Sigelei 100w Aqua V2 Fogger V5 and much more. But this have become a hobby now, so I buy things to try new stuff. The Sigelei I bought because of the 2x18650 which gives a great battery life and I don't have to svop batteries so often, I dont vape at more than 20w.
    But with all the mini's coming now I am afraid that the Sigelei may be used less. Looking forward to receive the Cloupor 30w mini and hope it is better than the big ones they released last year.

David in Bangkok likes this.
  14. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

You could easily save money with vaping, particularly if you vape the same amount as you smoked before.

It's harder here though because cigarettes are much cheaper (65B L&M vs 460B B&H), and also for a lot of us it's a hobby or interest.

15. flem
    Relaxed

flem Vaping for 5 years

Here in China you can get 20 cigarettes for 50 cent. They must be made from the stuff they sweep up from the floor where they make the other cigarets, but cigarettes in China is cheap . But I think that the reason that we don't se any Chinese vapers is about their " loosing face" thing 99,5% of smokers here are men!