1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help MTL small tank: Nautilus only?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Axel, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Axel

Axel Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,

After chasing big clouds, looking for the highest power and sub-Ohm, I am starting to be quite fed up by all kinds of this vaping race... also, not really the good time to show clouds in Thailand.

So, I am presently searching a small and easy tank for MTL vape, preferring the taste vs clouds, and after a lot of google searches, it appears that I should go back to the old Nautilus mini !

But it is quite surprising because this tank is already 2-3 years old I think, nothing better to replace it since? For instance, it seems that many who have tried to replace it by the Nautilus X finally went back to the nautilus mini after all.

So, would you have any idea for another small tank to answer this need of MTL easy vape? Or the nautilus is it really the one despite the older design?

Thanks,
    Axel

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

I am still happily using it. Cappuccino and the Warriors basketball game right now..

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I love my Nautis...have a few that have been in service for over 2 years (spare parts are available from Aspire). The Kabuki by House of Hybrids is pricy but it's another great MTL tank (3ml) and it takes the Nautilus BVC coils. It's available from Creme de Vape in the UK. :)

farangmick and Konvict like this.
  4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I don't own a Nautilus mini because it only has 2 ml capacity. Its big brother has 5 ml and is perfect for a whole day of vaping.

I really think a Nautilus is the best choice if you want to vape MTL.

farangmick, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Axel

Thank you all, so I should go to the Nautilus then! The Kabuki looks very attractive indeed... if I knew before I would have ordered one from UK, but I will leave Europe tomorrow back to Thailand, too late this time... on the other hand, good to taste the Nautilus for some times before buying the Kabuki : to make sure that the coming back to tight vape will be ok for me

farangmick, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Let the vapor come to you...only a light pull is needed...you'll find that you'll get plenty of vapor that way.

farangmick and Konvict like this.
  7. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

@Axel , the problem with the good nautilus or Atlantic is around here to have enough coils.
    I really like this good rta for long time
    I stop this problem with rta as Griffin , crius etc... single transversal coiled at 0.5 to 0.8 ohm
    I can send you the big 7 ml Atlantic clone from ft with the rebuilding coil, if you want to test ( the 0.5 ohm coils are different as for the nautilus, but maybe your friends on the forum can help you)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Axel

@jbr, thank you for the Atlantic idea, but I am really targeting a small tank like 2ml (Nautilus mini). Also, noted that coils will be difficult to find at home, so I should buy a good stock together with the tank and in case it is not working for me, probably some possibilities to resell it on the forum as far as many are still using here

Regarding the coils self building, passing in France I finally put my hands on the Kayfun V5 clone and Tayfun GT3 clone ordered and received at my father's home some months ago... at the first glance (not tried yet), the Kayfun will be a keeper and I maybe sell the Tayfun never used in the box when I am back (the tank looks little too big for me)

jpr, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Axel

In fact, there is one tank with newer design and the same vape quality because using the same coils : the Nautilus 2 !

farangmick, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Yep, forgot about that...you have a choice of colors, too...but I think I'd go for the SS one.

Konvict likes this.
  11. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I am not sure if the Nautilus and the Nautilus 2 use the same coils, as I can see on Gearbest they are selling Nautilus Coils 1.8 and Nautilus 2 Coils 1.8.

The main problem with the Nautilus 2 is that you have to drain the tank before you can change the coil!

If you ever decide to go for the Nautilus Mini and buy and stock the coils from 5pcs Original 1.8 ohm Coil Head for Aspire Nautilus Mini-8.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com and you are not satisfied with your decision I am willing to buy them from you at the same price they are offered here. I don't really care if there are 2 or 20 packs you need to sell.

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  12. Axel

Just watched a lot of review about the Nautilus 2: yes, it is using the same coils as the original Nautilus, and also compatible with Triton coils, in fact with many coils (thank you Aspire not to change the coils for each new tank!)
    Compared to the Nautilus mini, reviewers are very satisfied with this Nautilus 2: same good vape as before with the addition of more flexible airflow.
    @Siam Diesel, yes, this afternoon will look for the SS version in the local French stores, together with a Pico 75W box, should be very nice and small set up!

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I mainly use my Kabuki clones. I like an airy MTL, so I take out the air flow screws. I don't have the skill or tools to drill out my Nautili (Nautilusses?) And importantly, coils easy to get here in LoS. Check out the latest wizz bang atties with the best ever flavour advertised by our favourite Chinese suppliers, then search the site for coils for them. Erm, No.
    **Updated**
    Just watched Vic's review on YT. Certainly buying Nauti 2. No more marking the big air hole with felt pen because my eyes aren't too good.
    **Updated**
    I seem to have just bought two Nautilus 2's on a GB flash sale. About time some EMS mail came to me rather than the wife!

Anbessa, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Axel

Will keep you updated, just bought 10 pkts (50 coils) of 1.8 Ohms and 2 pkts of 0.7 Ohms. But for info, going to unpacked them all in case of airport check (assuming it will be less noticeable like this). Also, the price here in France was not as discounted as Gearbest! Anyway, looking at all the enthousiaste reviews for the Nautilus 2, it will probably be a keeper

farangmick, Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  15. Axel

A tiny and lovely kit!

[​IMG]

And I have very small hands!

Konvict, farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.