1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool MTL RTA I finally bought one ... again

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Konvict, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict Thread Starter ProVari Moderator

Every year I tell myself that I am going to start building my own coils again but that never seems to happen. I bought some RTAs before but the screws were so tiny that I actually gave up trying to put a coil in.

After seeing this video I decided to give it another go and just ordered the Digiflavor Siren 25mm MTL tank and will hopefully try to make some coils next month. I think the 25mm will look good on my Reuleaux RX300.

2. MechBuilder

MechBuilder Member

I too just started building coils, and I am feeling my own share of frustrations. Thanks for sharing!

Konvict likes this.
  3. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

It's the long legs that you'll need that, IMO, make coiling hard. The longer the legs, the more difficult to center and get each coil as exact as possible.

Have you thought about the Avocado? That is an easy RTA to coil.

Konvict likes this.
  4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I do precious little building...but when I do, it's single micro coils only, usually 26 ga. Kanthal around a 3mm bit with a target of 1.2 ohms. Flavor is quite good in the range of 15-19 watts.
    :vaping: :vaping:

Konvict and debatedude like this.
  5. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta Member

I use magnifying visor (with snap on lenses) to get good closer look at the atty. Otherwise, it's too hard for me to see. I also keep Coil Master DIY Kit. It's easy way to keep all tools in one place. I typically keep 27 and 28 awg kanthals around as my main coils.

If anyone is interested in RTA/RDA (any rebuildable), then learning to coil and wick is a must, IMHO.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.