1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Mothers Milk

Discussion in 'Bakery and Dessert Recipes' started by Scuba Vaper, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Definitely alters the taste. Nothing smooth about sweetener IMHO. Some people love it (Malaysians for example and others of course). I can tolerate it in small amounts.

Tibo likes this.
  2. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Strawberry was not the issue with Tibo's version of MM. The problem with Tibo's adaptation of the recipe was a misunderstanding of the called for flavors. CAP graham cracker was substituted at the same % as TFA cheesecake graham crust. This is increased the level of graham cracker flavor to undesired levels and is what gave him the "off" taste in the recipe. I sent him a more appropriate adaptation.

A sweetener like sucralose adds sweetness like adding sugar to coffee. Ethyl maltol on the other hand is considered a flavor enhancer. It adds sweetness (also labeled as cotton candy by some flavor producers), but it also alters the flavor a bit, rounding out sharp notes and can bring out other minor flavors. Using either one of these in excess however can ruin what otherwise might have been a good recipe and is very easy to do. I'd recommend avoiding both until you get more experience and know your flavors well. The difference between a juice that gets it's sweetness from sucralose and a juice that gets it's sweetness from something like 1% strawberry ripe or marshmallow is night and day. The easiest way to avoid it is to not buy it and then you won't be tempted to use it.

Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh:
    Impossible...human nature in action. :D

jorakae, Konvict and Tibo like this.
  4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

You have been super helpful @jorakae indeed, thanks a lot !
    lol well I bought it under member's recommandation and I am sure he meant well, I do not regret it. I will however follow you guys' recipes and if you don't use it, I won't :)

jorakae and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I only have 3 recipes that use sweetener. Two use sucralose and one uses EM. None are above 1%. 100% agree with @jorakae , it's best to stay away from them until you have the experience and actual need for them (which is rarely for me).

Tibo likes this.
  6. Scuba Vaper

Scuba Vaper Thread Starter Open Water Scuva Instructor

@Tivo, Never tried that recipe. Flavour to to your taste mate, that's DIY, doesn't matter what it tastes like to us, it's what it tastes like to you that matters - you're the one gonna be vaping it.

Sweeteners, again a taste thing, not currently using them with TPA only MM recipe from reddit. Stevia and Sucralose work similar, EM is a different animal.

Tibo likes this.
  7. stormvapers
    Fine

stormvapers Well-Known Member

100% clone Mother Milk:
    Sweet strawberry 7.5%
    Graham cracker 1.5%
    Vanilla custard 4%
    All flavors from Capella.
    Try it and compare with original.
    OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonoy93 likes this.
  8. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Tried several MM and UM clones from ELR. All shit.
    That's not to say that they don't taste like the originals though :D

Siam Diesel likes this.