1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Missing RBA's

Discussion in 'Vaping Reviews' started by Chili Pepper, May 8, 2017.

1. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Case #1 Ordered a KangerTech Topbox Mini starter kit in March. When it arrived it was missing the RBA as indicated when I ordered. Vendor informs they repackaged without RBA and will get me a replacement RBA...month goes by I follow up..."we are checking". And "factory no have"....Two months go by and since this vendor doesn't seem to give two shits about my RBA I give up and woot find a Toptank Mini with RBA available from another vendor. I really like both this mod and tank so why not have a back up tank? ....happy days.

Case #2 Ordered KangerTech Toptank Mini with RBA. Arrives today and low and behold no RBA in the set as indicated on the damn website!

So here I am same shit, different day. Now not one, but two tanks without an RBA! I put down 750 baht for 5 pre made Clapton coils but am not planning to do that all the time...plus I enjoy doing the DIY coils. See if this vendor will accept a refund I guess or jut piss me around like the first one.

I was going to name and shame Vendor 1 but wasn't sure if it was the done thing around here. Feel free to PM me as I think that vendor 1 does not deserve our business. I spent over 5,000 baht too on that particular order..doesn't even reply to emails. The vendor has similar reviews on facebook mind you. For now let's just say they are based in the north of Thailand.

I was buying in Thailand for two reasons, firstly the common Chinese website does not ship to Thailand because of the laws. Secondly I saw several good Malaysian based sites and one said they would ship but at my own risk....Can anyone advise on shipments from Malaysia? Am I likely to get a stint in the Bangkok Hilton for a few RBAs and drip tips?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

taotoo likes this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

NAME AND SHAME! NAME AND SHAME!
    If they haven't solved the issue after months, they deserve it.
    *Although, if you made a mistake, probably best not to !
    Had a few confiscations, never heard anything about it. Order from China, you'll lose less money :D

Nowhereman and Chili Pepper like this.
  3. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

The RBA base is always an option but not a standard part for the starter kid. You have to read the fine print.
    Why you bought premade coil head but not to purchase a RTA since you like DIY.

Chili Pepper likes this.
  4. Chili Pepper

It was advertised in the set...like 1x RBA Plus...so you expect to get it right as per the description on your order. I only ordered the second time as really like that tank....I am fairly new to vaping.

5. Chili Pepper

If anyone has any links from a reliable vendor in Malaysia or china would really appreciate a quick PM. Buy reliable I mean if it's confiscated no loss...just want to get my hands on the RBA mini plus and a few new drip tips. I couldn't find any Thai vendors having these smaller parts available.

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Never had any confiscations via 3fvape, Sourcemore or GearBest, although others have. Gearbest and Fasttech had the most confiscations, but then they also probably had the most orders.

I still order without worry of prosecution, but saying that I haven't ordered anything for several months.

Chili Pepper likes this.
  7. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Name & Shame...unacceptable behavior from the vendors. Our members deserve to know!

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Nowhereman, Konvict and Chili Pepper like this.
  8. Chili Pepper

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

never had any confiscations from 3fvape

Chili Pepper likes this.
  10. Chili Pepper

11. asiaexpat

i been a subtank rba user for years--but am starting to replace them with spiral tanks--with rbas--great vape at relatively low wattage but much smaller.

Siam Diesel and Chili Pepper like this.
  12. Chili Pepper

I don't think it's any different for the RBA mini plus...but I've actually got the Toptank Mini vs subtank (I think topfill is the difference)

As said I am new to vaping and will probably post another thread on the tanks I've used thus far....I have the geekvape Ammit also and it was pretty easy to build my first coils with that...seems to go well enough.

I think even if I can get the RBA mini plus it's going to be difficult to work with and unlikely to get the same vape as the stock pre built coils but I don't want to be stuck ordering pre built all the time..not just the cost but also availability.

13. asiaexpat

i have tried a few of the prebuilt coils for subtank mini--the rba give s much better vape experience IMO---and the rba is very easy to build and wick

Chili Pepper likes this.
  14. Chili Pepper

The second vendor just informed they will get a replacement RBA Mini plus to me! So seems to be better customer services from them in the end.

Regardless if anyone spots one in any store, preferably in Thailand if not I'm willing to take the loss if customs grab it please give me shout!

asiaexpat likes this.
  15. Chili Pepper

And by the way guys I am pretty new here and will add some more positive stuff in the future...I don't just piss and moan all the time

Have a couple of positive local juice vendor reviews I'd like to share later

Jazz2017, Rick O-Shea and asiaexpat like this.