1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Migraines / 100% VG Supply

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by Chili Pepper, Apr 3, 2017.

1. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...

There are various sweeteners used in mixes, maybe the mixer may use Sweetener, or Stevia or Ethyl Maltol, or Super Sweetener ,it could be just one of those sweeteners ,that are triggering the migraines...

Have you thought,of trying a high VG Custard juice, from your vendor, say 10ml? .

or better.. ordering the Sweet Caramel juice in 10ml, in a higher VG mix...... even better, if
    this juice, could be ordered using 4 different sweeteners, ie 4x10ml bottles... or ask the 'mixer', which type of sweetener he uses in the caramel mix...

When vaping 50/50 3mg menthol, this means although, PG is quite high, this is offset ,as your nic is reduced in strength by 50% to 3mg,
    maybe try the 50/50 menthol at 6mg?? - see if you have any adverse reaction..

Personally, I would advise that anyone who has just quit cigarettes, not to start vaping at 6mg...
    The body's natural reaction is to crave nicotine, after just quitting, so I would advise to start
    at a higher mg, then the newbie wouldnt get regular cravings,so no need to chain vape..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I completely agree about new vapers and Nic%- this is my main argument with current new regulation under TPD regulations ( a maximum of 20mg NIC ) because when I kicked cigarettes, in 2011, and was smoking 10-20 cigs per day, I would definitely not have succeeded on any lower than the 36 mg NIC that I was given.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
    To Chilli Pepper, I wasn't aware that you were new to Vaping (?) but if so, are you using a Sub-Ohm kit? Anyway, stick to High VG for a long period as a true test.

moonoy93 and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

When I quit, it was with 16-18 mg juice (all you could get here), which worked very well for me...stayed on that for almost a year and dropped to 12 mg, which is where I'm still at (and planning on staying). :)

I think the OP needs to find a solution that works for him...firstly by eliminating the migraines, and then giving his body a chance to get rid of all the sh*te that's built up inside (and allowing his taste buds to return to normal). FWIW, I no longer vape any of the juices I started with...nor do I crave/need a throat hit like I used to...now, it's all about the flavors.

Good luck @Chili Pepper and stick with it...you (and your body) will be glad you did!!
    :vaping: :vaping:

moonoy93 likes this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

I totally agree that I don't touch the flavours that originally were instrumental in getting me off cigarettes ( they were predominantly Tobacco flavours, which I can barely smell, let alone Vape, these days)

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

If that works for you, you would have done 50% of what DIY requires you to do.

DIY is not about imitating a Breaking Bad episode, it can be very simple ^^ VG base, one flavor and nicotine. If you start to buy juices and "remix" them, you will be better off starting a basic DIY session.

As per what you are vaping now, the quality of the juice (meaning the quality of PG, VG, flavoring and sweeteners they use) is to take into consideration. My worst reaction was with Thai juice 70/30 that I bought 150thb. I could however vape without trouble a high quality juice with the same ratio.

But @Chili Pepper : do NOT give up.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:
    You have a way with words, mon ami!! :D

7. haybilly
    Paranoid

Yes, agree with Tibo- but, only one point in that Tibo- says his worst reaction was from a Thai juice... Etc.. well, this is the one problem with buying juices from other sources than made by yourself, you never really, really know what they have mixed in with it. I once passed a juice on to another Vaper, who then gave it to a new user, who had such a bad reaction that he ended up in hospital, after just a few vapes!! I, now, only Vape Home Made or very Well Known Brands.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

8. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I said it like that because that was how I thought DIY was ! I really thought you needed a degree in chemistry to make even the simplest of juice ^^

Jazz2017, haybilly and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. haybilly
    Paranoid

Doesn't everyone mix in Metamphet with their juices???

Jazz2017 likes this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Only up country to stay awake. :p

Jazz2017 likes this.
  11. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

When I first started mixing 3 years ago...

I was using syringes & measuring cylinders, then having to clean these afterwards, got a bit tedious..

Then I started to mix by weight, far easier, and less to clean up ....

Then it got even easier.....

Some UK vendors sell their concentrates as a 'one shot'.... this means for example 'Mothers Milk'
    it may say- mix at 20% for example... this is a 30ml concentrate ,with all the flavours already pre-mixed..

30ml mixed at 20% gives 150ml of eliquid...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  12. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Totally agree, juice is important.
    Arriving in Thailand, that was also trouble for me, With some juices (Chinese copy or what else nobody knows ) i got migraine, some other time scratching. I imagine I got allergie to pg to e cig and have to stop...... etc....
    In fact I just came back to good juice, or good concentrate with the good people around the the forum

13. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I used concentrate a few years ago from one company. Unfortunately, although their juice was really nice, the lady mixing the juices had to concentrate on other business interests more profitable and shut down.

When I was mixing I used to make up concentrates like this as well. It is so damned easy. lol

14. Jazz2017

Jazz2017 Well-Known Member

Seems to be pointing towards the combination of sweeteners and PG as the 50/50 menthol was fine. hopefully you can get a higher VG of the flavours you like so that towel stays out of the ring. #F-thestinkies

Good luck CP.

15. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

@Chili Pepper

Any updates mate?