1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Migraines / 100% VG Supply

Discussion in 'General Thailand E-Liquid Discussion' started by Chili Pepper, Apr 3, 2017.

1. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

I did try once,using VG flavourings, and it was muted to say the least...

Its a pity that VG base nic is not more readily available in Thailand,
    you could make your own menthol concentrate, dissolving crystals in an AG solution (Acqueous Glycerin) instead of using PG...

Chili Pepper likes this.
  2. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I've not started DIY yet weaver...perhaps it's something to consider if I can figure out if there's an ingredient in the juice that's a trigger for the migraine. One of my suppliers mixes to order so I'll probably take that option once I figured it out.

I have a 80% VG juice that I'm gonna vape as the first test...building up some Dutch courage now, sounds extreme but the migraines are a nightmare....at the same time looking forward to a flavorful vape after 7 days off ! Gonna take it a few puffs at a time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moonoy93 likes this.
  3. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

Drink plenty mate and not chain vape.....

Chili Pepper likes this.
  4. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

Good luck, from another PG intolerant vaper.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
    I've been DIY ( mostly, except when lazy) for some time, and it's a bitch that so many flavours are PG based- VG alternatives can be found but it's quite a search.

Chili Pepper likes this.
  5. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

As an aside, has anyone seen a report on the symptoms of PG intolerance? I've deleted most of this post, since this forum is about vaping, not my bodily functions!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  6. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

7. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. andy.bloc67
    Thinking

andy.bloc67 Member

try dnavapors.com they have VG 0-16mg Nic and are based in th.

moonoy93 and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Thanks for the tag @Siam Diesel .

My take on this is that most little inconvenience I had with vaping was solved by giving up sweeteners and PG. I did not have migraine but main cause of migraine is dehydration, and vaping is not helping on this ^^

If you are not going to DIY for now, then you're only solution is indeed full VG Juice. That will be a challenge to find here. I gave up on buying juices because of this. I could hardly find 80% VG locally and the brands I found for Max VG (always have a tiny bit of PG since flavors are usually PG based) was from US. And everytime the delivery was a lottery, I was restricted in volume and the pirce wasn't worth it.

I cannot really recommend a brand as I haven't follow anything on this matters since more than a year maybe. But main US juice website will have a Max VG category, make your selection there. Check which website agrees to ship to Thailand and you are all set. Maybe light up a candle to make sure it goes through customs though ^^

In a nut shell, I will be surprised if you still have migraine with full VG, however you really need to drink A LOT if you chain vape, especially at 6mg of nic.

Hope that helps and let us know how you feel !

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Chili Pepper

Ok update...

Thursday: 80/20 Fruity Juice 6mg..light vaping - No headache
    Friday: 70/30 Nutty Sweet Juice 6mg...light vaping - No headache although didn't feel great after vaping. I put it down to being a flavor I never liked previously
    Saturday: 50/50 Menthol Juice 3mg...light vaping - No headache
    Sunday: 50/50 Sweet (caramel) Juice 3mg...light vaping - 10am this morning migraine . just taken my meds and it's eased off a bit, but enough to send me home early to lie down and the day off work

The above I feel is pointing towards sweeteners, perhaps PG. I have some 100% VG (vendor said 95% as PG based flavor, which will be a simple tobacco) 0mg nic arriving on Tuesday. That's the final hope I guess before I throw in the towel. Gonna vape that first as is...if a pass, then try and mix with some of the 50/50 6mg I have to make 75/25 3mg.

Hoping it's not the sweeter, especially caramel, nut and custards as that is the flavors I was liking (not menthol or fruits)

Update again in a few days

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Chili Pepper

As an aside, I drink loads of water..kind of chain drink during the day! Can't be that

12. haybilly
    Paranoid

Personally, I wouldn't go below 70/30, and would aim for 80/20 as a rule. PG seems to have a lot to answer for, but same could be said for some of the sweeteners ( I don't use them in my mixes, though, so can't say from a personal perspective.) When you say you were ok with the higher VG juices, why say you are close to giving up? Seems, to me, that you got favorable results from higher VG.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Chili Pepper and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I had the same thought...and if you like the sweeter juices, there are a load of fruit vapes that are sweet but not overpowering.

Chili Pepper likes this.
  14. Chili Pepper

Yes, Haybilly the VG strength juice did not seem to bring on adverse effects.

I meant if the 100% (95%) VG fails and brings on another migraine I consider throwing in the towel, the migraines are just horrible, can't do much else than sit in a darkened room

Going to take the next few days off anyway, try again on Thursday with the VG only...

15. haybilly
    Paranoid

Totally off topic, (well sort of) but listened to an interesting programme on BBC Radio 4 all about Migraines- you should search it and maybe download it ( it went out during this last week )

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
    No word about Vaping, but a lot of other interesting stuff.

Chili Pepper likes this.