1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Mega powerful mods a blind alley?

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by farangmick, Apr 9, 2017.

1. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Just a post to see what other committed vapers think. and where development should go.
    I've discovered I'm a chain tootle puffer by nature, so my 50-75W mods are far more than I need.
    But for cloud chasers, is 200-300W enough? Or are you excited by the posts of the next gen mods with even more power?
    For me, I look for build quality, appearance and ergonomics. It's a given that anything I buy from a reputable manufacturer will work. My Lost Vape Therion (courtesy @GearBest ) is a case in point. Love the leather/teak, and I can appreciate why it is pricey.
    Every day seems to bring out more identikit mods, just going by this forum. We must all have the mods we actually need. I don't need another iStic Pico, but I saw the resin one, and I'm getting it. If eLeaf made one in engraved SS or copper, I'd get those as well. New Pico 400W? Yawn.
    What mods would other members like to see?

(Yes SD, I've gone on a bit. But a rare occasion to celebrate with daytime beer).

Dieter., Rick O-Shea, Konvict and 2 others like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:rolling laugh:
    I've got no use for mods with power levels above 30-40 watts...and haven't bought anything new in a long time (and am not planning on doing so either). I'm well set for the foreseeable future. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpr, Dieter., farangmick and 2 others like this.
  3. aging one
    Busy

aging one Well-Known Member

Feel exactly the same. My mods go to 75 watts only. But with a Nautilus I vape at 9 or 10 watts, with a Melo sub ohm tank less than 40watts. No point for me to go higher. The Thai hard core wattage freaks I know are all cutting back as well.

4. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

I build to vape under 25 watts-so have no interest in those 3-4 battery mods- Im looking for the right trade off between size, weight, and battery life Just got a wismec predator--small but heavy,

5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I am a MTL vaper as well and only use 11 Watts.

Now for the big surprise! I love the Reuleaux RX300! And I would buy one in a heartbeat if it ever stops working. It is big and weighs a lot but I really enjoy the mod. It is always on my coffee table and I use it always when I am at home. Do I need a powerful mod? No, but it is so easy not to change batteries the whole time and just puff away for a week. Puff counter is at the moment at 6,250, and I can take around the 850 puffs with fully charged batteries.

I wish they would design a 25 mm Aspire Nautilus with 10 ml of e-juice so that I don't need to fill up my tank every other day!:grin:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Dieter., farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Just buy more Nautis. ;)
    :grin:

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Dieter., farangmick and Konvict like this.
  7. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I vape on what ever a single battery produces. Even though I have box mods, I rarely go above 60 watts.

farangmick and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

The last mods I bought were the iStick Pico and the SX Mini ML Class - almost 1 year ago.
    Before the insulator split in my Bachelor Nano, and presented the possibility of leaking directly into the 510, I was vaping it with SS around 40w / 430f. All of my mods were capable of handling that kind of power.
    Since returning to drippers the first one I used was the Ziggs. I needed 55w to get a satisfying vape from it. That steadily rose to 70-80w. Even at 55w the 1x18650 mods were not really cutting it (likely due to old batteries).
    After winning the Triade, I have used nothing else since December (at home - I rarely vape when I am out unless I will be away for a day or two).

I wouldn't mind a 2x18650 mod, but have no interest in purchasing another 1x18650.

As for atomizers. 9/10 I am left disappointed, so now just purchase when required to do so. I wouldn't mind a single coil tank though.

My purchasing days are pretty much over.

9. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

The most use i see in a device with 3 or for batteries is while being at home. Not so much for the power output but for the battery life. Currently running the relux 2/3 with 3 batteries and enjoy the TFV8. 100 watts brings out a nice flavour and very satisfying vapor wit a dual .3 ohm clapton coil. In dual battery mode the batteries won't last longer than 6 hours while chain vaping :grin:. When out is still use the Kanger subbox and tank at 30 watt and carry 2 extra batteries with me.

Purchasing other devices tanks or drippers is not my first priority anymore and most likely i would not buy a mod which would be capable putting out 200 watt but if than just because of the form factor and battery life while using the mod with lower wattage.

10. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Same same. My iJoy Maxo Quad (giveaway from HG), was a brilliant desktop mod until it died. Almost a surprise when the batteries needed changing.

Dieter., Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

I won't go over 50w and totally switched to single coil.

farangmick likes this.
  12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I also got one of these courtesy to heaven gift, and I hope it won't die to soon. At the moment I'm using it as my mood number one with a Kayfun V5 at 14 Watt. After getting use to the shape of it, i just enjoy the big battery capacity. My number 2 mod is still the Guardian pipe III also with a Kayfun V5 about 13.5 Watt. Would I have bought a iJoy maxo no way, but since I got it I'm happy for it. I'm into single coil, which gives me a really good vape the way I like it, and I now have so many single coil tanks, that I don't have to buy more. The last year I have only bought the Guardian pipe, since I wanted a pipe mod, but since I'm still vaping on a Vamo or Innokin SVD bought some 3 years ago, and still going fine, I have no need to buy more. When I started vaping, it was still fun to buy new mods and tanks and try it out, but the climate for vaping in Thailand has changed so much, that I'm just happy with what I have, and that i still can vape the way I like today. But some fun is out of it today.

debatedude, farangmick and Konvict like this.