1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Mech mod hot firing button

Discussion in 'Vaping Technical Issues' started by conanzzz, May 5, 2016.

1. conanzzz

conanzzz Thread Starter New Member

Hi can any1 help me with this? Bought a dotmod mech mod with petri rda... the firing button is getting too hot to touch.. using 25r batt... .5 ohm build.. tried some youtube fix like putting a micro coil in the firing button screw thread doesnt work

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Is the heat instantaneous or is it a gradual build-up? If it is instantaneous, then you might have a short somewhere (or some bad insulation). If it is a gradual build-up (2-3 hits and the button gets hot) then you have poor battery ventilation.

Loki and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

A 0.5 ohm build should not cause any problems as long as the battery is good and there are no shorts. If it is gradually heating up, you more than likely have a bad connection in the firing button. The Petri has a relatively small contact point on the firing button to begin with. Anything making the connection worse will cause hot button pretty quickly on this mod. Take the firing button apart and check that everything is working properly. Give is a good cleaning and polishing while you're in there. Check the throw on the button to make sure it is extending far enough to make a good connection with the battery. Also make sure the button is screwing in tightly against the battery. Another thing to try is making sure you are pressing the firing button firmly. This mod in particular needs a firm push.

jpr, Loki, Serenity and 1 other person like this.
  4. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

Yes, clean area surrounding button. Sounds like there is debris/dirt/something that is interfering with the electrical flow which is causing hot button battery issue. Clean everything very carefully, and this includes the threading on the mod. Clean threading with a white rubber eraser to make sure everything is clean. On my nemesis I was getting a hot firing button until I cleaned the threading.

jpr, Loki, Siam Diesel and 2 others like this.