1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kinda fed up with re building/wicking

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by -V-, Jun 16, 2019.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Been making coils and wicking for MTL tanks now for years, must be 6 years or more..
    Real cheap doing so, not really hard either, still using the same wire I bought over 6 years ago,,,

But kind of bored of it all now, so thinking about going down the screw in coil and also away from MTL and onto a sub ohm tank, and the tank with the $61.83 Authentic Eleaf Mix 160W TC VW Box Mod + ELLO POP Tank Kit - 6.5ml / 0.2ohm / 2*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping looks good so going to see how that goes,,,

What are you guys doing, building your own coils or just popping in a re made tank coil?

Siam Diesel and debatedude like this.
  2. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

I'm a serious rebuilder, with four different gauges of wire and different kinds of cotton. HOWEVER, I do have a VGod Pro Tank and a pack of 0.2 ohm coil thingies to go in to it. The tank isn't bad, I just don't like the way the coils burn out every 2-3 days. Gets really expensive

Siam Diesel likes this.
  3. DannyA

DannyA Well-Known Member

I started with a vaporesso stater kit with stock coil tanks. Replacing the coils every 2 days was really annoying and seemed expensive. After 14 days of vaping my first rebuildable, the Ammit, arrived. Been rebuilding since and haven't looked back.

Until I got the Justfog Mini - really good.

I started vaping with Malaysian juices and they just gunk up everything. I've got a German juice in the Justfog Mini and it's just ploughing on.

Should try out my old starter kit with what I'm vaping now and see how it holds up.

Shameless plug:
    The starter kit is up for sale on here

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

SooKee likes this.
  4. -V-
    Cool

I was kinda hoping the stock coils would last at least a few weeks.....

SooKee and debatedude like this.
  5. debatedude
    No Mood

For the money charged for those pre-made things, they should last at least a month. A penny of wire lasts me 2-3 months. A penny of cotton lasts me 2-4 days. So there's maybe two cents in 2-4 days of vaping enjoyment. Pre-mades run USD $3-5 EACH and all you get is two days? WTF??? And at pussy-level watts too. No really satisfying vape, either

SooKee and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'm still vaping on Aspire Nautilus BVC coils...got ~12 tanks in rotation. Get anywhere from 15-40ml from a coil before airflow/flavor diminishes to the point that a change is necessary.
    Agree with the "pussy-level watts"...prefer to call it "MTL-level watts"...10-12 watts (=great flavor)! :D
    But my coils cost about US$1-2/each, which is why I can't be arsed to 'roll my own'. ;)

7. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

Made my own for a while, but frankly, the enjoyment of doing so faded, and stock coils are so much easier and not that expensive--predominately Aspire Nautilus 1.6 Ohm.

SooKee, -V- and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. -V-
    Cool

Well I was hoping for at least a few weeks with a stock coil......

9. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Never been greatly impressed by any stock coil I've tried tbh. I really can't be arsed to rebuild though I do.
    I guess I change cotton every month and coil every 6 months :D

SooKee, debatedude and Siam Diesel like this.
  10. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Coiling and wicking myself still. Device is still the Kbox mini. Used to rock .4 ish Ss 22-24G wire at crazy 35 to 40 watt. Been doing so for years now..... oh god how that actually sounds....:) Recently I changed to 26G wire as the vape was getting to hot when chain vaping. Currently at .8 with 35 watt. Never bothered about ready made coils although the baby beasts crazy super subohm turbo coils were fun to vape but never bought replacements.
    Make still my own juice with a nic base I always take back with me from the US 30PG/70VG 6MG nice premixed (so easy to use) 1L is 30$ cheep. Flavours are maximum flavour by FA and then I get creative sometimes with Cuban cigar or Havana. Lately I mix some okewood and rounded up with maple syrup and caramel.
    Other than that I will soon get me some premade Clapton wire as the flavour is just so much better from coils made with the mentioned wire.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

SooKee, Rick O-Shea and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

I used to make my own coils now I just buy premade coils from fasttech, ss twisted wire.

Using single coil squonk rdas it's dead easy and fast to both rebuild and rewick. With my juice I don't need to rewick very often but usually do it weekly since I constantly switch flavours.

12. debatedude
    No Mood

I've never tried a squonk. I'll have to get one of those and give it a shot

SooKee, Rick O-Shea and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Sure...go for it! Double your juice intake in one fell swoop. :D

SooKee, Rick O-Shea and debatedude like this.
  14. -V-
    Cool

Me neither, but as I don't drip can't see me trying one....

15. DannyA

DannyA Well-Known Member

Never seen the appeal in dripping - reach for a bottle every few minutes to top up
    Sqounking just made more sense

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

SooKee likes this.