1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kick FAQ ?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by oil, Jan 13, 2014.

1. oil
    Bitching

oil Thread Starter Custom What?

Sooo i need some learning curve for the Kick

So far i heard the original Kick seems to be from
    Evolv LLC - Kick Instructions this complany, however .... which vendor in TH does have them in stock, i mean the Kick2 and whats the pricing on them.

I read somewhere around the board that the cheap FT Kicks, are usually only good for a couple of weeks or months and then stop working
    so any recommendations here?

how do you guys deternmine the output Watts on a mech mod with kick, is it just by the taste you like it or is there something to measure it?
    i ask cause i figured i like vaping between 8-10 Watts depending on the Atty

not quite kick realted ... but i figured on my VV / VW device that i like VW vaping much better hence i was getting curious about the kick. i am basially looking now for a reasonable priced mech mod, which works with a kick, and i prefer if i could have it with a 18650 + kick but not telescopic look. I guess the device will then be quite long thou :( and i still like smaller devices, rather then carrying a huge metal dildo around. So are there any recommendations for a none tubed, decent looking, good mech mod, which is not soooo big, and works good with the kick?

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

No Thai vendors have them.

I've had one for 3 months and still going strong, I know a guy in town who's had one for 8 months.

I just set it to 9 W and that's it.

I find the Nemi clone with the 18650 and kick isn't that big and works great...

3. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

You don't need a kick for a V/V or a V/W device.

You DO need a kick for a mechanical mod if you want to have the same strength vape every time with one or a host of different clearomizers or attomizers.... a kick will primarily keep your wattage the same level throughout the charge of the battery.

It will also prevent short circuit.

A kick evolv 2 is about 40 pounds or euros or a little bit less, depending on where you buy it and you can get a clone as little as a tenth of the cost.

The problem or question that you might want to ask yourself is - when the clone kick stops working, will the battery blow up in my hand/face etc. etc. ?

Tere are, of course, a lot of other differences and pros and cons for buying the real one or not, but you can google that if you need convincing.

I have the original, BTW and unlike a lot of guys here I'm on a budget. So, for me, it's VERY important.

4. oil
    Bitching

So ... the original Kick2 is around 55 USD the FakeTech one is 9 USD

i ve seen that the original one is inside a plastic wrap, and i thought it makes sense cause of leakage, but is there any other difference between the Kick2 and the FakeKick
    from what i read the FakeTech one has:
    the specs from the orginal Kick2 are:
    i am sure the last 2 features which are not really positive, are on the FakeTech one too....

both say you have to use IMR batteries, cause IMR s dont explode, they just smoke out

however i agree with you that Electronics made in china just have a short shelf life,

5. debatedude
    No Mood

debatedude Mech Moderator Staff Member

Real me don't kick their mechs!

Sorry, I just can't afford one right now . . . so I gotta say something! :very good:

6. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

Does this mean the real you doesn't use a kick?

And the fake you does use a kick?

I'm confused, Dude

7. -V-
    Cool

A littles change to the above.
    Yes the real Kick has a heat shrink around it, that's to protect it from the inner body of the tube, but saying that, the Kick clone is fine without imho.

Also your specs are wrong, this is the Kick 2 specs:
    Evolv LLC - Shop Now

Now one thing I do like about the Kick Clone over the real deal is this:
    Reverse battery protection.
    It doesn't say it anywhere but they do have it, where the real kick, you put in your battery the wrong way around and you will fry the board.
    I've read many a vaper who has done this, and there goes your $55

And when using flat tops, after a beer or 2 then this can be important.
    As for IMR, it's to do with the high drain factor, not the explosion/venting factor...

Just my thoughts...

8. oil
    Bitching

9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

10. -V-
    Cool

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  11. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Yes Vapermorphs, I have no clue why they still are in the variable voltage. It found it when i was looking for something else they also call for the Kick, but in reality it's only a protection chip for mods. I don't know what it coast, but it can't be so expensive. In Europe, when you buy a mechanical Mod from Kamry, they always come in a set with batteries, clearomizer and also this little chip.

The Kick by Kamry,The Kick by Kamry,e-cigarette Kick,electronic cigarette Kick from Shenzhen Kamry Technology Co., Ltd. on kamrytech.com

12. oil
    Bitching

13. -V-
    Cool

That's just a 2cents fuse style thing, it's not a kick
    The other one is kinda apart from the VV and kick clone.
    You can adjust your V to what suits your atty/clearo and so one.
    The 2cents fuse is just a protection against shorts and such