1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help Kayfun v5 vs Taifun GT 3

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by Axel, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Axel

Axel Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Presently targeting the Taifun GT 3 which just came on the market in Europe... But to be sure, which one of the 2 RTA should be the most airy, with best airflow?

I don't like tight vape like the Kayfun Lite Plus, for instance, I am presently on Uwell Crown Tank with airflow full open and it is just perfect for me.

The RTA need is to get an easy and effective building deck, but would like to keep the vape feeling I have with the crown tank.

Thank you

Konvict likes this.
  2. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

3. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

Seems like you'll like the Kayfun V5…also consider the Rose V3

4. Axel

If the kayfun v5 is answering my needs, good on the other hand, the choice is becoming more difficult as I was initially going to the Taifun will wait for further reviews of the new Taifun GT 3...

5. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

I use a kayfun v5 clone and it's not tight at all. Even on the smallest setting it's still hard to get a decent MTL. Decent airflow for a tank and the deck is pretty easy to build on. Got my 6 wraps of twisted Ss316L in with no issues.

6. Axel

Thank you for your valuable input

7. Axel

Also, if I was initially targeting the Taifun GT 3, your inputs guys are moving the weight to the Kayfun v5 on the balance... In various threads, I see that the Kayfun v5 clone looks fine whereas I was initially expecting to buy original RTA for the first time with the Taifun... Does it worth the money to buy original Kayfun vs clone ? (Original RTA would be my Christmas present so I have the money to fund it, but wouldn't like to waste it anyway )

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I prefer to buy originals over clones...but the KF5 is a big beast. You might try the clone & if you like it, then get the original.

FWIW, Steam Tuners makes a Nano kit for the KF5 that reduces the overall height to 39mm. ;)
    Kayfun 5 nano kit - Tanks - SteamTuners P.C.

Konvict likes this.
  9. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Many kayfun clones come pretty close to the original in terms of quality and build, it seems to be one of those things where you pay for the name. I bought the clone thinking to myself that I would buy the original later however I'm very happy with my SJMY clone and won't be buying the original. I really don't think it's one of those tanks where there's a huge improvement...also there's plenty of comparisons to the real thing onow YouTube that back this up

10. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I bought my SJMY version after seeing a side by side review by DJlsb with the original version. Conclusion was the SJMY was slightly better because the threading was smoother! Other than that they vaped identically. Have to say it's great and is now my most used RTA.

11. BigToot

BigToot Well-Known Member

Was browsing another forum and came across a post where someone said they used the 510 post of a Kayfun Mini V3 in the V5…thereby replicating the reduced airflow and tighter draw….sounds crazy but workable.

For real good mtl I would also look at Ubertoot UTA (FT) and FEV4 (focalecig) clone.

Tokay likes this.
  12. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Yeah I read that too. Kayfun also produce a "MTL Kit" which is a bit cheeky imo..charging people more money for MTL when they've already bought your $100+ tank. This high price is why I think the clones are a tad more popular..

Nakhonsisean likes this.
  13. Axel

Not going to purchase any MTL kit anyway, looking at the kayfun v5 for the max airflow as possible

14. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

On its widest setting it still manages to retain a decent balance between airflow and flavour. Won't be disappointed ;)

15. Axel

Which clone is a good one?