1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kayfun or Russian

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by byoung, Oct 4, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

I was planning to add another Kayfun to my mix, but I just noticed 3Avape has the Russian 91%. I have 2 Kayfuns and 2 Aquas, so I'm wondering if I'd be better off adding a Russian to the mix, as apposed to another Kayfun. Any thoughts?

2. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Only thing I have heard about the that is a real plus from my point of view is that the airflow is better than the Kayfuns. I have never tried one though so I can't say that is definite. I'm sure there are others here that would have used bopth though so hopefully they can be more helpful than just hearsay. :)

3. byoung
    Cloud_9

If you are speaking of airflow control then that is very telling. If I have one complaint about the two Kayfuns I have it is their airflow control is either sloppy or crude. I find myself constantly tinkering with it to get a proper vape.

4. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

The authentic Russian 91% is exactly the same as a Kayfun Lite Plus but with an adjustable center pin. Not a single one of the dozens of "Russian 91%" clones I've seen has had this feature! meaning they are really just mislabeled Kayfun clones.

As for airflow, I have my authentic KFL+ and have vaped around 15 or 20 clones. Some are tighter, some are looser, none of them were a real big difference.

5. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

The only KayFuns I really like are the EHPRO V2 and the one from FastTech Attention Required! | CloudFlare
    The rest that I bought was just a waste of money!

6. ryanmacl

Oddly enough those are the only two clones I still have. Gave the rest away.

7. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Cool. I ordered that last week.

8. Konvict
    Relaxed

Good to know! Like you I learned the hard way! Buying a lot of them and always being disappointed!

I should have have bought these or the original ones, but the cheap ones look such a good deal!

But they are not!!

9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Yeah, have heard the real cheap ones can be a disappointment. I have an authentic R91 and Kayfun lite...also EHPro and HCigar Kayfun Lite clones and they all work great for me....do notice some differences in airflow and tightness of draw amongst them. Some can be opened up for a very slightly looser draw than the others.

10. Rider

Rider Well-Known Member

My friend has the kayfun that says, "designed in russia , made in germany"

I suggest getting the orchid :)

Anyone know how long fasttech takes to deliver to thailand? (no batteries)

11. ryanmacl

Don't get me wrong, I haven't had a problem with any clone I've bought. Every one I've seen, even that shitty chromed brass one that was one of the first FastTech sold, can be made to vape great with a little bit of love, a file and maybe a drill. All the ones I gave away were working perfectly, they were just cheaper and maybe a little less polished. The guys that are vaping them love them.

12. byoung
    Cloud_9

Your statement certainly rings true with my limited experience. Both of the Kayfuns I have deliver a fantastic vape, but its all the tinkering I have to go through that makes it a bit frustrating. It's like trying to listen to a radio broadcast with a crystal set. I have to say this is one complaint I don't have with the Aqua tanks. They are very predictable and reliably consistent. The vape is different from a Kayfun, but extremely pleasing. I just don't have to fuss with them so much and that has become an important consideration.

13. ryanmacl

Funny you say that, my Aqua took more work than any of my Kayfuns and I still can't stand it. Had to heavily modify the center pin insulator to even get it to fit on any of my mods. Post screws are a pain in the ass, horrible to set up dual coils on. Once you finally get it working right, the damn thing has a tiny little tank that runs out of juice in an hour. To each his own, fortunately there are attys and mods to suit everyone.

14. byoung
    Cloud_9

I have run into problems with one of the tanks not working properly on my MVP, as the post length is not right. Trying to adjust it just throws off the ohms. I just use it on other mods and no problem. I vape the Aquas with a single coil build, so no issues with burning threw juice too fast. I can fully appreciate how much of a pain the Aqua can be if trying to use it as designed...dual coils. The difference between it and the Kayfuns that I have is once I have learned how to use it, the Aqua is consistent. I'm not always having to tinker with it.

15. Konvict
    Relaxed

Ok I must admit I cannot give love to something I don't like in the first place when it doesn't work!

I am so happy they are all my ex, and that I didn't try to file and drill them anymore like you did Ryanmacl because at the end you still gave them away to anybody that wanted them. Just admit it, they were just a waste of time and space and you feel much better without them!:rolling laugh: