1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kayfun Lite ... OMFG!!!

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by V4Vendetta, Aug 26, 2013.

1. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

Let's hope your beginners luck continues.

Mines arriving this week from fastech.

I hope it's better than the Ithaka ... Too many pieces and one goes... Messes everything up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Let us know how your Fastech Kayfun clone works out.

For a good Ithaka clone, the "Magoo" by ismoka has been working well for me.

IMG_3796.JPG
    :vaping:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  3. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

I guess it's the luck of the draw with clones.

the problem is that with the funnel that you tighten down over the wicks when you refill, the thread is off center so you can't tighten it down all the way. So, when I fill the tank, it floods.

If I tighten it to much, the threads cross and it jams so that when I try to loosen the funnel/air flow controller, the whole assembly detaches... which it the funnel connected to the wick mechanism connected to the center pin, which results in a gush of fluid from the tank.

I've loved the idea of the ithaka for a few months now and I'm really disappointed that it hasn't worked out. Never mind.

Hopefully the Kayfun will make up for it. If not, I'm done with all of it and will stick to clearos.

4. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

do i get that right the Kayfun is just a Atomizer?

anyway, i am forced to go to Germany end of January for 5 Weeks, (will be frakkin cold there i guess) if you let me know where to buy there, i can get some from there,

def. the most exstenisve manuals i ever seen
    SvoeMesto Manuals

5. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

The Kayfun has been an absolute dream. I've tried many different types of coils with both cotton and wick and she has exceeded all of my expectations.

to tell you the truth, I don't use anything else any more. My iClears and Protanks are in my carry pouch for back up.

I've ordered another Kayfun 3.1 from fasttech and I envisage using both of them for the foreseeable future and not having to waste any more money on clearos and replaceable coils.

The hit its always good, the vapor and the flavour as excellent. Mounted on my Nemesis or Magneto with a kick 2, i get the same solid vape every time.

Although I'll be trying to get a lower ohm-age so I own't have to use the kick any more.

I think that as far as RBAs are concerned, the Kayfun tops the bill and everything else comes second place

6. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Just got my Kayfun 3.1 clones today. along with a VTR. Not overly inpressed with the construction of the clone, but then it is only a cheap one, and the supplied wick and coils are crap and need to by changed but hell fire, the taste compared to the clearo's is fantastic. More to come when I have them worked out properly and changed things to how I want them. Pics as well so don't nag anyone. :grin:

7. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

I ordered one from fasttech this am--the cheaper 21$ one. hows your vtr? I have no complaints about mine

8. Amaxster

Amaxster New Member

I was sitting on the fastech website with just the kayfun 3.1 clone in the cart tempted to click the buy button, now that they are shipping proper stainless version it seems silly not to get one for 20 bucks ... then I started looking around some more: nemesis? (yes please), kick, magnets, ohms tester? (could come in handy) wicks, pouches are always handy (I'll take 2), U-Can? (that looks cool). So now I'm sitting with a whole load of goodies totaling $120 in my cart ... and still cheaper than a genuine kayfun 3.1!!

I'm not expecting the world when it comes to build quality, if it breaks I'll buy another, but definitely looking forward to a 'bump up' in the flavor and vapor departments compared to my clearos!

9. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Well that was a stuff up. :rolling laugh: Already got the VTR and love it.:grin:

I got an iTaste 134 today. Easy use and VW adjustment. Seems to supply sufficient power for the Kayfun to be used as well, But then so would the VTR I think. Not too sure re the firing button at the moment but it is not what I am used to so give it a couple of hours and I will see what I think.

Getting a few dry hits from the Kayfun so playing with the length of the wick. Have gone to cotton as well, with a new coil. Seems to be a whole lot better and an amazing hit. Just getting it right. Never had an RBA before so experimenting a lot. :pleasure:

And now you know why I am staying off the impulse buys.:wink: So much I want to get it is crazy. I can afford it but I would prefer to get the higher quality. That wish list is just getting longer :grin:

Have to say though. Impulse buying came to the fore with that offer from Ryanmacl last night. At that price I could not turn down a Provari. And also no potential problems with the Thai customs wanting huge amounts to let you get it.:wink:

10. Amaxster

Amaxster New Member

Discount Provari's? Please elaborate before I press the checkout button on fastech and blow my budget!!!! :grin:

11. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

I managed to click out today at only 78$ damage--removed the ohm meter and few other things to get it that low. Kayfun is the main item--i cant even remember what else I ordered:wacky:

12. Amaxster

Amaxster New Member

never mind, I see it was a classified sale and not a vendor sale :(

Hope you enjoy the new kit PommyB!

13. pommyb

pommyb New Member

More Ryanmacl is in the US and getting them from Provape direct for members that want one. Not second hand. Check the thread if you haven't already. But you have to move quick as he is running out of time fast.

14. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Finally finding the right combo of wick build, airflow coil type and power on my 3.1 Kayfun clones. These just keep getting better and better. Looking forward to trying 28 guage microcoils to. Only got 32guage at the moment, so getting low ohms is a bit harder. Sticking to normal coils for now.

15. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

If you want to take a trip to the big city on maybe 19th (and if Ryan is ok with meeting us) you can have some of my 28 Kanthal and we can make some micro-coils together .... stop using the wick and start using cotton instead, mate.

Like the good Doctor said, "it takes a minute to change the cotton."