1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kayfun Lite ... OMFG!!!

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by V4Vendetta, Aug 26, 2013.

1. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta Thread Starter Member

I ordered and received two Kayfun Lites. Just finished building the first one around 1.3 ohm with cotton gauge wick.

I can only say .... OMFG!!!! This thing is AMAZING. It's got good vaper with a ton of hit. My head is still spinning from first few hits I took on it. It doesn't have adjustable airhole so I will say the draw is a bit on airy side but you will blow some good vapor from it! Now I know for sure I will have to open the airhole on my RSST a bit more.

It ain't cheap (I paid over 3800 baht for one) but the workmanship is precise. It really is a fine precision equipment.

So far, from trying iClear 16 & 30, Kangers and Smoktech RSST genesis atomizers (various builds), this one is on whole different level all together.

I had to build the coil separately, screw it on and put the cotton through the coil. I think cotton gauge or rolled-cotton is the best wicking material for this build since, the way I did, I had to put the wick through already installed coil. Cotton is so much easier to contract and expand when you need it. It's a atomizer with a tank that is built very similar to many drip rbas.

This is crazy great!!! A bunch of youtube videos on this atomizer is already available online.

2. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

3. ErikNK
    Cloud_9

ErikNK Smok, Vaporesso

4. V4Vendetta

Here are some photos of when I built the second one with ribbon. The coil didn't turn out as well as wire ... clamping ribbon, without it moving, is a bitch and the posts are TINY on this one. Setting the coil at 45 degree allow the resistance wire to be close to the post.

Cotton with a bit of ejuice at the end is twisted to make it a "rat-tail". Have to keep twisting to get it in and then a bit of untwist to open it up again the coil.

I used Todd's method on cutting the wick to size (put the tube on and slice off at the end). I'll have to go through a tank to see how it wicks.

Q tip is used to make the coil and the other end with cotton is used later on to lube all the o rings with some e-juice. Also used to set the wick in place after dropping fluids on it.

It comes with both SS metal and clear plastic mid section. I like the see-through of plastic so I can see the fluid level but I guess one can use the SS metal one for acidic juice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. V4Vendetta

The second coil with ribbon didn't work out .... got a nasty cotton burning vape to pay for my mistake.

Generally, I'm getting a bit of seepage through the airhole. I have to build the coil a bit higher and probably less wick as this cotton wicks crazy good. I just got a roll of 32 awg kanthal (100 ft) so I got some room to try out various micro coils. Still waiting on my syringe and needles so I can suck out juice and build another one fast - without being messy.

For tinkering, it's fun. Get a good vape and taste as a prize!!!

6. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

So after a couple of weeks, is it still OMFG wow?

Would you like to sell one of your 2 kayfun Lite? :) i would e interested :vaping:

7. V4Vendetta

Yes, I think KFL is incredible piece of machinery. It gives out OMFG vapor and flavor. And, I like tinkering with coils and setup. And it's totally worth the money. It's got too many precision parts so I don't see a copy/clone coming out soon on this.

I looked at my previous photos and cringe a bit. I've since moved to smaller diameter micro-coil setup with sterilized cotton balls. Fairly easy setup and maintenance (change out cotton as needed/wanted) although good setup is needed so it doesn't seep. Once it's setup well, you just put in your mouth, fire it up and it will shoot nice vapor into your mouth.

I'm not going to sell any of mine. In fact, I might buy one or two more so I can have a couple here and a couple in Bangkok.

I found out another setup for good flavor and vapor is good dripper setup (again with micro coil and cotton). So far, I like Vicious Ants Cyclone and Igo L.

8. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

ok nice description. I want to buy one too but it seems to be always sold out. Do you know any places to buy it? Tell me if you buy other ones, maybe we can share the shipping fees ;)

9. V4Vendetta

I think many people have been buying from Kayfun Lite - InTaste. I think they ship DHL or FedEx. I bought mine from Malaysia based seller but paid a bit more.

It's a bit hard to share with me cause:

1. I'm a greedy bastard who is only son and never had to learn to share.
    2. I get everything shipped to my work country and not Thailand.

Perhaps you can find another person in Thailand who share this interest. You will need to have some 28 or 30 awg resistance wires and sterile (or organic) cotton from pharmacy. small diameter drill bit (or screwdriver, nail), Blow torch + tweezer is nice to have for mico-coiling.

I think if you buy KFL from intaste, they will include small screwdriver.

10. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

thanks for the link! I just called them. Its 20 euros shipping to Thailand and they can't put a lower value on the shipping details. Fedex + 100 euro value = thai customs will want some more money! :(

Not sure i will take the risk to pay maybe twice the price of the kayfun lite. Too bad :/

11. V4Vendetta

I'm going back to USA in November and will stock up on some stuff while I'm there. If I remember, I'll ping you ... I'm willing to bring "little bit" for you ...

12. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

thanks for that :)

- - - Updated - - -

i'm looking many reviews right now and it seems like the perfect tank! Maybe ill take the risk... they will have it in stock tomorrow so i got all day to think if i want to spew some more money

13. V4Vendetta

InTaste always go in and out of stock on KFL. I hear at least one UK vendors (cloud9) ha them but they are priced 20% higher as they are charging VAT on them.

I just spent some dough on high end gennys to see if I can like 'em. I don't love RSST ... the mesh/wire taste.

14. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

can you give me the link of this store please?

edit: i just saw your pm, thx

- - - Updated - - -

i found a used kayfun 3.1 for 150$, not sure what to buy, i just think that the 3.1 is a little to big

15. OverCloudz

OverCloudz New Member

Ok so i finally bought the kayfun lite and ill probably receive some 28 gauge kenthal tomorow and i want to be ready for my first rebuilt. I see on your pictures that you didn't make the coil compact... you don't make all the wraps touch them self. On all the micro coils vids that i saw on youtube, they make the coils small, compact and all wraps are connected. Not sure if you understand what i mean but here's a vid, at 10:00:

So what's best? Do you know any vids on youtube that shows your setup? Oh and i have 100% cotton from a pharmacy, do i need any special cotton or this will do?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014