1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kanthal Temp control

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by yourauntbob, May 28, 2015.

1. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob Thread Starter hair club for men member

Noticed Vaper Joes is advertising a new mod that does temp control with Kanthal.

I am really looking forward to having these types of devises as i am soo used to kanthal. If they had these, and they worked, would you still use nickel wire or would you go back to Kanthal?

Dieter. likes this.
  2. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It seems to be an interesting way of doing it with Kanthal.

From what I understand you build as normal and then whilst vaping you set a plateau point.
    I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks if it's any good/accurate.

3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Of course I would stay with Kanthal. At the moment I have only one mod with temperature control, so already now a pain to remember wich one i coiled with Kanthal and wich one I wicked with Ni200. So to be able to just wick the whole bunch of tanks and drippers with only Kanthal, would really be nice.

Yes I understand it the same way after reading the information. Nearly the same as the Evic VT, where you in temperature mode, after placing your dripper or Tank can lock the resistance while the coil has the normal temperature as the surroundings.

4. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

It would be great to be able to use kanthal with temp mode and not get burnt hits...

5. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Following this one closely, too bad it is a dual battery mod tho, I would have liked a smaller form factor better.

6. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

Innokin just announced yesterday that they also will be releasing a kanthal temp control mod very soon

7. Phaitoon

Phaitoon Well-Known Member

True TC with kanthal? That would be incredible!
    I just can't believe it until the technology behind is explained.
    At least, I want to see a demo video dry burning kanthal and cotton.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

That might be worth waiting for.
    **Updated**
    Found it Talen, maybe it ought to have it's own thread but here a first look from Innokin.

r_pakit and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'm with you @Phaitoon - will follow this with much interest. If it really works, it would be something good since Kanthal is much easier to work with than Ni200.
    :vaping: :vaping:

10. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

I picked the following directly from Innokins FB site :

The Innokin iTC - Revolutionary Real Temperature Control from Innokin Technology.

Every flavor has its own perfect temperature and with Innokin Temperature control you’ll experience premium flavors the way they were meant to be vaped and enjoyed.

Temperature control makes vaping safer and better; you’ll never again suffer from a dry hit or a burned wick even when you run low on eliquid.

Innokin Temperature Control technology is the first to deliver real and accurate temperature control to vaping thereby eliminating burning and dry hits, maximizing battery efficiency and ushering in a new era in harm reduction.

Innokin Temperature Control is accurate to 5 ℃ and our innovative new technology can use all standard coil wires (including Kanthal, Nichrome, Titanium and Nickel) to accurately sense, set and maintain the perfect temperature for your vape. Set to 210 ℃,
    Please check the demo version here

With Innokin temperature control there is total accuracy with no guessing, cuts or caps – you set the temperature and the device accurately sets and maintains it perfectly.

Innokin Temperature Control opens the gates to even higher wattages by eliminating dry burning hits and increasing the efficiency and lifespan of your device.

The future of vaping is even better with the all new real Innokin Temperature control.
    Stay tuned to the official Innokin website www.innokin.com and Facebook page for more Temperature Control information, Specs , Pictures ,great device giveaways and more !

[​IMG]
    The device shown on this picture is only a prototype for testing purposes. The device when ready for sell will be different.

11. -V-
    Cool

12. -V-
    Cool

If this can be done with Kanthal then they are really onto a winner.....

13. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono MTL ♥️

yay im i love khantal.

14. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Kanthal with out a question if it can be done. More power required because of the metal mass so I hope they can get it right. Bigger surface area so better vapor and flavour production than ni200. I will be watching this catefully.

15. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I very much like working with kanthal more but you can get real good and even comparable results with Ni200 too. Difference for me is the ease in getting there and the consistency in use on different attys and setups. Kanthal's better that way.

Friendly observation that your statement a little misleading though where you would only have bigger surface area compared to Ni200 if you used thicker gauges or more wraps. Not often going to have more wraps as Ni200 needs more at similar gauges to reach each type of wire's ideal resistance ranges....well, that is unless you go high resistance with the kanthal coils.