1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Kanger Protank Leaking

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by Redhotchilli, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Redhotchilli

Redhotchilli Thread Starter New Member

Hi there hoping someone can help me - I am a kinda newbie (two months) at all this vaping stuff and although I am trying to self-educate myself by reading up on as much info as I can and watching video clips. I have realised that I have a lot to learn, so your help would be much appreciated.
    Oh yeah and please forgive me when I mess up with the technical jargon!

When, I first bought the Kanger Protank I was so eager to use it, I just added blueberry juice and istarted vaping.
    All I got was this cheap metallic acidic taste. So I put it in a drawer and ordered 3 more iClear 30s.

However recently, I got some juices from Vapor Mist but I wasn't getting the same results as I was reading everyone else was having with the Strawberries & Cream flavour. To be honest it just asted like cucumbers to me, yeah weird I know.
    So, I dug around in my drawer, found the Kanger and thought I would give it another whirl.
    Well, this time round it has been great and I am pleased to say the cucumbers has been replaced with Strawberries & Cream and might I add that it is a very nice vape it is too.

However earlier tonight I noticed that it wasn't working so well, so I thought no problem it must be time for some maintenance.
    I have watched Youtube videos on maintaining the iClear30 before and I am actually getting quite good at cleaning the gunk off my coils.
    I even have a couple of the iClear heads are still going strong and it's been two months!

Well, I just checked out a clip and they said to take out one of the flavour wicks before dry burning (I also read it would be good in helping with the airy draw) However, when I did the same all I got was a mouthful of liquid for my trouble. I tried putting the wick back in, but messed up a bit, it kept flying off and in the end it started shredding. That's okay I thought not a problem, I will put this down to experience and just open a new one.

However, I am still having the same problems...Where am I going wrong?

Cheers in advance - RHC

:vaping:

- - - Updated - - -

Well, this is embarrassing. Just took a vape and it seems to have rectified itself...oops :beer:

2. Tahmos

Tahmos New Member

I havent experienced it yet on my protank2 but on other BCC (bottom Coil)...
    In my experience, the leaking was fixed by assuring that the wick(s) fully filled the hole left between the base and the plastic cap.
    1) twist/untwist the wick to make it short but wide (short as it doesnt have to spread in the tank.. just piercing out of the base is enough. Wide in order to fill the hole)
    2) place the plastic cap tight on the base, so there is no hole left

also, make sure that the base is fully dried before using and ensure that the wick is not touching other parts of the base as it might induce juice to leak on that surface.

I hope it makes sense... and help a bit.

3. alexino

alexino New Member

try to play with the wick flavor......more big or more tight,and change often
    also clean often the hole tube

4. Redhotchilli

Thanks for your input, yeah well it seems to be vaping all right at the moment, but I will bear that in mind. I just put in an order for a Protank 2. I actually prefer my iClear30 to my Protank but I thought I would give it a shot. Is it less airy? I was looking around at vaping stuff today and saw that Protank have come out with a new tank called Unitank Taking orders now but shipping early November.
    Description
    Kanger Unitank Pre-order now, ship in early Oct.
    Kanger Unitank Clearomizer is the newest product from Kanger. It's the most innovated ego series version. It has all the great feature as Kanger protank series, removable drip tip for convenience, brass metal part for the great feeling and highest quality. Furthermore, the most important improvement is that you have a bottom coil but can fill liquid at top.
    Updated in Kanger Unitank:

Stronger base
    Tank is replaceable
    Glue Free: All parts are replaceable
    510 Drip tip replaceable
    Can be fill from top
    Features:

Replaceable Atomizer Heads (interchangeable with Protank 1 and EVOD)
    Top filling
    Bottom Coil
    PC Tank
    Advertised with a 2.5ml capacity
    510 Threaded and it will work on 510 thread MOD/APV without the need for an adapter
    Dimensions: 1-15/16"L x 3/4"D (without drip tip)
    Capacity: 2.5ml, Length 65mm x Diameter 10.6mm, Suitable voltage: 3.2-3.7V

What's in the box:
    1X pc tube,
    1X bottom base,
    3X replacement coil unit (1X 1.8ohm coil, 1X 2.2ohm coil, 1X 2.5ohm coil)
    1X tip in metal

- - - Updated - - -

The wick is tiny, really thin too. should I be buying some other wicking stuff and cut that up?

5. alexino

alexino New Member

yes,buy some 1 mm and 2 mm

6. Redhotchilli

Thanks Alexino...I will have to get some in.