1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Joyetech eGrip 30w 'hack'

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks For Vaping' started by Rick O-Shea, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea Thread Starter iStick Fanboy

Apparently 30 clicks from the off state turns the eGrip OLED into a 30 watter.

I don't speak German so he may well of said something extremely important, such as; "Do not do this because..."

2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Why would they hide a useful setting like ? If it actually works, that is quite dumb from eGrip. Unless it's the cheat code for a Fatality..

Then that's awesome.

Darth Vaper likes this.
  3. Rick O-Shea

So people will buy the new 30w?

4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

You already placed your order, didn't you..

5. Rick O-Shea

No, but I wouldn't mind something similar with a decent rba and airflow

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

@Rick O-Shea No, what he said was, that it works fine, but that it probably is not giving out the whole 30 Watt, because he refer to another German Reviewer Obi who made and always make the measuring of the mods and he according to this one only measured around 5.05 volt so it would be around 24 - 26 watt. And the warning was only that you should use the RBA base if you want to use the 30 watt. Not the normal coils.

There is also another hack where you by clicking 10 times can see the temperature of the board.
    **Updated**
    Obi is Dirk Oberhaus, so I found his video to the same topic. From 5.00 you can see how it's done. The instruction comes with English subtitles, only the instructions, the rest has no subtitles.

**Updated**
    The last information is not quiet true, i was just to quick to link to the video. When the reviewer measured the e-grip, there are some english subtitles as well maximum with a 1.8 ohm coil should be around 28 Watt...and also here the same warning the full power is only to be used with the rba part NOT the prebuild coils.

Tibo, Rick O-Shea and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I owned an earlier version eGrip and while I really liked it for a while, it developed a slow and constant leak when using the RBA piece and I couldn't get it to stop. Also, the inner tank was going to be a pain to clean. I was approaching the point where that needed to be done but then I had it with the leaking so didn't come up with a good way to do that.

I saw that 30 click trick in a Grimm Green review too.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

@Scratchy did you notice the rubber almost o ring / almost grommet shaped thing that sits on top of the rba will nearly always jump off the top of the rba and climb up the cylinder that feeds up to the mouth of the thing?

Did that make sense? Seems to happen if over tightening the rba and without it you are losing some seal.

Also, when building, you can try to just jam cotton in first around the outside of the deck, in between the deck and the chimney. Go for covering all the holes before even wicking. What is happening is juice coming through the holes and going straight down before getting picked up by your wick.

That is a plausible theory at least. Give it a whirl and see how it goes. Curious to know if it helps any, post results!

Scratchy, Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  9. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Whoa, that top thing-a-ma-jig could have been the issue but now that it's gone I will never know! I had tried different wicking and packing to stop it and the best that would do is just slow down the amount of time for the leaking to happen. Wish I would have made mention of the problem here first!

It has a new home now and the person using not interested in the RBA action.

Thanks for the info DV!