1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

iTaste MVP V2.0 starter kit

Discussion in 'Thailand Vapers Reviews By Our Members' started by byoung, Jul 24, 2014.

1. byoung
    Cloud_9

byoung Thread Starter Upcountry Vaper

Just got my MVP today and I'm very pleased. This thing has been reviewed to death, so my focus will be on some of the negatives mentioned in other reviews and a few things I've not seen talked about.

One reviewer complained (and demonstrated) that the on/off switch for power out is not flush, so the mod wobbles a bit when it is placed on a flat surface. Either the reviewer got one with a factory defect, or the manufacturer has fixed the problem.

I agree with other reviewers that the power button is a bit stiff. More significant is its position. I would prefer the button be located at the same height, but on the same end as the LED display, or the opposite end. The way it is positioned, I have to really twist my wrist to use it. I'm guessing that is why they started including the iclear 30, with pivoting mouth piece. From what I've seen in some reviews, the kit originally came with 2 smaller iclear tanks. I have not tested the iclear 30 yet, but suspect it will make it easier on the wrist. That said, its no consolation for those who prefer some other tank that does not have a pivoting mouth piece. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that won't have an issue with the power button's location, but I consider it an obvious design flaw and predict it will be corrected in future versions.

The beauty ring is a nice feature. It really cleans up the look when a 510 tank is connected. It has 2 airflow holes, so I was curious to see if it would restrict airflow on my Aspire vivi nova tanks, and it does. Thus, if you have a tank with no airflow control, the beauty ring may not be a welcome addition. For me it is, because my vivi nova tanks draw a bit too much air for my liking and the ring solves that problem. I should also mention that the base of the tank doesn't seat all the way down on the ring. The gap is very small, but it does allow for some additional airflow. The iclear 30 attaches with the same gap, however it has two airflow channels cut into the base, so the beauty ring will probably increase airflow, compared to it being seated on a mod where it can only rely on its breather channels. In short, without an airflow controller the beauty ring may or may not work well with some tanks.

I find it interesting that you have to round robin the voltage and wattage settings, considering the VV V3 allows you to move up and down with the two buttons labeled + and -. I assume the VV V3 is a newer product that takes advantage of design lessons learned. So, perhaps the next version of the MVP will enjoy the more friendly design found on the VV V3.

The battery is designed to power/charge other devices. I tested it by plugging the provided USB cable into both of my VV V3s, and it works. BUT, it was VERY difficult to plug in and unplug. It is so tight, I'm a bit concerned about damaging the VV V3 USB port. Next I tried it on my Samsung phone. It also worked and I had no difficulty with a tight connection. I don't envision ever using this feature to charge one of the VV V3 batteries, so its not an issue for me. I do like it as a backup for the phone battery, but the multi plug that comes with the MVP is a bit too bulky for packing around. I would prefer carrying one of the USB cables that came with the VV V3s, both for power out and power in. Alternately, any dedicated Micro USB cable would be a better option. The cable that is provided will also connect to earlier iPhone models, but again I think a dedicated USB cable for the iPhone would be the better choice. That said, I would not be inclined to risk running out of vaping power, because I want my phone charged up. However, in an emergency I would plug it in long enough to make a quick call. Of course, all of this assumes one remembers to bring the cable.

In the hand, I much prefer my smaller VV V3s. They have an elegant and very comfortable feel. The MVP is a behemoth that exists for one purpose only...battery life! And that's why I bought it. Out in the country, power outages are common, so I want to make sure I've always got the juice for my juice. In addition there are times when I expect to be away from a charging source for an extended period of time. In those situations I want the peace of mind that comes with packing an MVP. I've only been using mine for a few hours, but I'm confident the MVP will deliver on what I bought it for. It has a few minor flaws, but I don't care, because I know this beast will be there when I need it...provided I remember to charge it. :)

:very good:

- - - Updated - - -

About 24 hours later and I just realized something about the beauty ring. It can be unscrewed to close up the small gap between it and the bottom of the tank, which means it basically works like an adjustable airflow controller.