1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

It is with a sad heart I must inform you...

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by The Rev, Jan 26, 2016.

1. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Thread Starter Forgiven Member

... my wife and I's service here in Thailand is coming to an end.

About 5 years ago, while my wife and I we're here on vacation, we were made aware of a great need here in Thailand. Our hearts we're broken for those we met and through an amazing miracle God had answered a very specific prayer and through it had shown us He could use us if we were willing to lay down the lives we had led until that point. It was by far the biggest decision we've ever faced and yet through very many smaller miracles we had sold off everything we owned, paid all our debt, gave away our share of our families' business and returned to Thailand within 4 months. In our time here we've served many different people groups. Ministries to Hill tribes in the far north, blessing Burmese refugees along the border from Mae Hong Son south to Ranong and everywhere between. We've fed over 500 families a week in Bangkok... Christian refugees who escaped from persecution in Muslim nations who now find they must hide from immigration until the UNHCR finally finds new homes for them in friendlier countries(The wait is more than 3.5 years at the moment). For the last couple years I have been serving a growing church in a small impoverished fishing village on the island of Phuket, teaching through the Bible on the radio, and doing everything we can to care for the needs of everyone we come across. We have been blessed so much by our time here but it looks as though it is time we return. My wife has been having issues lately with her health and we have yet to get to the bottom of it. Our support from the States has fallen to a point that we cannot continue the Visa hoop jumping and cost as well as our home church has changed focus and decided Thailand isn't a part of their plan any longer. So now we find ourselves packing up our suitcases, tearfully saying our goodbyes and readying ourselves to return to the U.S. here in a couple weeks. It is tough let me tell you. My heart is broken in that we must leave so many we love but then we are also excited to return, catch up with our old friends and family, repair, recharge and find where it is we might fit. I will make sure to keep an eye on this place as I have enjoyed my time here on Thailand Vapers. I am also hoping I may be able to find a way to begin shipping here in a less costly way. If I figure it out I will do what I can to open up opportunities for products we don't normally find here in the LOS. Thank you all for for being a great resource and a fun place to hang out. I'm sorry I've not been able to meet many of you in person but you never know... I may still have the chance some time in the future :) Please do me a favor and keep us in your prayers and may God bless you all.
    -The Rev

Loki, farangmick, Neilly and 9 others like this.
  2. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

All the best to you and your wife. Safe travels my friend. You will be missed.

farangmick and The Rev like this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I already started to miss you on our forum the last couple of weeks. Your posts became less and a few days ago I saw you were lurking...but now I know why...It is hard to say goodbye...

I want to wish you and your wife good luck with your journey wherever that may lead you...and don't forget...

I still owe you 1,000 Baht, so whenever you finally give me that bank account-number I will clear my debt!

Hope to hear from you in the future mate!

4. The Rev
    Sleepy

Thank you Lotta! I hope all is well in the States and that you're getting a good fill of cheese :D

Yeah... it's been a tough time here lately. All the goodbyes and tough decisions have left me pretty worn out for the most part. Thanks for the good words and noticing my recent absence. I'll do what I can to come around once things come together but these next couple weeks will be tight and probably the next few until we settle down and get internet service. Thank you brother :)

Konvict and farangmick like this.
  5. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

Sad news indeed :(

Wish you and your wife the best !

Safe travel and stay assured that you will indeed be missed :)

Good luck Rev'

Loki, farangmick and The Rev like this.
  6. Darth Vaper
    Sick

Darth Vaper Keep Calm and Impose Your Will on Others

Ooof! That hit like a ton of bricks. Had it be known you are an actual Rev... might have been a bit more respectful all this time (probably not but...). Anyhow, now the helmet is off as the chorus is joined in wishing you a fond farewell.

Remember you do not have to reside in Thailand to continue participation in the forum. Once you settle in after your move, come on back!

Loki, farangmick, Siam Diesel and 3 others like this.
  7. Yong

Yong Well-Known Member

Have a safe trip back and i wish you the best in whatever you're facing Rev

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

8. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Whoa, that's a bummer piece of news! I'm going to miss having the opportunity to meet and catch up with you from time to time here in Phuket!

You've done some more than wonderful things during your stay in Thailand so you are leaving behind a super-positive history and your moving onwards to a placew that is full of friends and I am sure very positive things for you and your wife. I really wish both of you the absolute very best! Do hope you can keep in touch here from time to time!!!

The Rev and farangmick like this.
  9. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

Sorry to hear the news Rev. Long life and good health. You have done the good that a lot of expats wish they had the opportunity to do here, and I am sure you be able to continue gthe good work where ever you go.

But don't quit the forum!!!!. lol

10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Wondered where you'd been and now it comes clear. Very sorry to hear you're heading back...but that must be where your path leads at this time. You'll definitely be missed!

Safe travel and please stop by and let us know how you're getting on.
    :vaping: :vaping:

Loki, Dieter., The Rev and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Sorry to here your going but hope you look in and contribute here when time allows. Ive enjoyed many of your posts and Im sure your a valued member here, by many. Best wishes to you and your wife.

12. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Only been on TV a short while, but I always enjoy your posts. I wish you and your wife the very best of luck wherever your calling takes you. Not enough people around who just want to help others.

13. The Rev
    Sleepy

Thanks all of you for the wonderful words. I guarantee I won't be slacking around the forum for long. Once we get set up and internet up and rolling, I'll be back with more energy. I can't help but enjoy talking about vape gear and I can't stand most of the other forums. This place is just full of good folks :) For those of you who were hoping I might get into custom drip tips, well, a lathe is the first thing I'm saving for. Gimme a few months and I will put together a list for those who want on it. Of course TV discounts will be the deepest :)

Neilly, pierdon, Dieter. and 5 others like this.
  14. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be on it and if I'm fortunate to get one it'll be good to know a friend made it.

The Rev, Dieter., Mack and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

Sorry to hear about your travel back. Maybe there is a plan in it after all. I hope you will continue on this forum, I always appreciate your postings. I wish you a safe travel and all the best for the future. Just looking forward to your postings when you are settled in the States. I just hope everything turns out just fine for you and your wife.

The Rev likes this.