1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Issues with printing... maybe one of you can help

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by The Rev, Oct 24, 2015.

1. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Thread Starter Forgiven Member

Hey guys... I'm having a rough time with trying to print my sermons in both english and thai. For some reason, though it looks perfect in Microsoft Word, once I print some of the thai gets messed up with consonants moving and vowels showing with a funny dotted missing consonant place marker. Anyone who has had this problem I'm sure knows what I'm talking about. If you have had this problem and have figured out the fix, I would really appreciate it if you could clue me in. In my searching of the innerwebs I can't seem to find a definitive answer to solve the issue. It's possible I may be able to print to PDF and then print it but I'd rather find a true solution. Anyone?

2. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Hope you can find a solution. Sounds like a printer driver problem, especially if the characters look fine in MS word. Just for grins, make a copy and change the font type to a different one and if still a problem yet another type. I dunno

3. AI-NAAM
    No Mood

AI-NAAM Provarinati Member

Sounds like the printers driver isn't recognizing the thai font? You could try going to the manufacture's website for your printer and download/install the print driver for your model printer.

A quick solution would be to open the "snipping tool" under windows accessories and do a screen shot of the Thai document that will then be saved as a .png file. Your printer should then print it.

Not a proper fix, but it should work in a pinch.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

Siam Diesel and Jomtienpattaya like this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

It is an extra step, but print to PDF first and then print the PDF. Maybe add 1 minute to the process but it should work.

Siam Diesel and pierdon like this.
  6. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Thread Starter Forgiven Member

It's not an old printer. I'm still buying cartridges here for it. That ans it was bought here so ought to print the natives language I'd think. I tried printing to PDF today and then printed which worked though for some reason some sentences came out blurry. Meh... it worked and until I go and pick up another printer will git'er done. Thanks guys.

Siam Diesel and Scratchy like this.
  7. lordofthedread
    Cloud_9

lordofthedread Professional Lurker

If it is just blurred maybe you have to align your printer heads, the software that came with it should be able to do that for you.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

PDF is printed as an image instead of text. If there are blurry sections it has to come from the printer, unless you see the blurs in the PDF itself. If that is the case, it could be the program you are using to convert to PDF.

Siam Diesel likes this.