1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Is vaping legal in Thailand?

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Thaki, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Thaki

Thaki Thread Starter New Member

Hi all.

I'm coming to Thailand over Christmas and have read that vaping is illegal.

Is this true?

Will I be able to bring my vape gear and juice with me?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:
    The import and sale of vape gear has been banned since the end of 2014. They've stepped up enforcement since June of last year...you'll have to decide how much risk you're willing to take...

The links in our FAQ's will help you understand the current situation...
    Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

You can also read other threads in this section...we get asked this question a lot! ;)
    :vaping: :vaping:

Dieter., jpr, Konvict and 1 other person like this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

Siam Diesel and Konvict like this.
  5. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

6. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

:welcome::vaping::vaping::vaping:

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Davo

Davo Member

Hi friends. I've been flying in and out of Thailand since July (to Ireland and Laos). I've always brought my vapes and juices with me openly because I was unaware of the "laws" on vaping here (statutes, actually - laws are entirely different in intent and application).

I was questioned by customs each time, and I answered honestly. Nothing was ever confiscated, and I was treated with kindness every time.

But this may have been due to Asian respect for the elderly because I've got one one foot in the grave (I'm 65), so your mileage may vary.

Namaste,

Davo.

8. Bradock

Bradock Member

Hello everyone, first Im sorry for my poor english but I have to write my case on this from.

I came in Pattaya with my father on 2 december. 3 december I rent a motorbike and was driving on beach road after police stopped me front of the police station for check me driving license. Police sad your license not available for this country and you should pay 400thb (i was already knew this penalty) and I was waiting front of the station (15 peope remain for my turn) and start to vape near the police ( yes im very stupid for this) because I never check e-cig illegal in this country. So after that police arrest me and put me in jail they make some documents for that and next morning send me to court. That day my father paid 100.000thb bail and now Im free but next court will be 22 January but my return ticket 22 december. So i stuck in Thailand now waiting for next court.

So i write this in here because its not a joke. Never vape in public (if i know this illegal i never bring with me)

I came here just for fun with my father but now its become a nightmare.

Again im sorry I just explain with simple words.