1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Installing tvmc /kodi medieplayer with live tv.

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by Dieter., Oct 26, 2015.

1. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

The last week I have been busy installing a new medieplayer on my computer. I got some tip from a friend, who had just had a friend installing the TVMC player, and he told me that it was so great for seeing movies and all kind of stuff on the internet. So I gave it a look.

I have a windows laptop, which I don't use to often running windows 7(not upgradeable to windows 10 because of the grafic card being to old) and a 2 year old desktop with linux. The medieplayer comes in a version for windows called tvmc and a version for linux called kodi. On the link I place here you can see that there also is a version for Mac, and Android.

First I installed it on Windows which was straightforward. And it will also work on windows 10. But a little slow. The main installation I did on my linux desktop, where I had to install the main program and after that about 10 add-ons. And that was the easy part. The problem was that there are so many extra add-ons, for live tv, movies, youtube and the like, so I spend nearly 3 days watching youtube video's with instructions on how to install and configure a lot of different addons, that made is possible to watch US or canadian TV, German TV, how to install the best addons for movie channels and the like.

I think this medieplayer is really great, and since it comes to nearly all platforms, the3re are so many addons, and a great community supporting it, so you are able to get a plugin for nearly everything. Watching French, Russian, British, German Live tv, or watch other channels is a peace of cake if you have a good internet connection, and everything is for free. That is also why I like to share it here with you, since what is better than a good movie or TV program and a good Vape.

Unofficial XBMC Addons for Kodi

Siam Diesel, Emmess and Rick O-Shea like this.
  2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

ha ha i made similar experience, its just so insane overwhelming but in the end you gonna use mostly Kodi with the Genesis AddOn LOL
    imho Kodi addons and XBMC plugins at SuperRepo is the easiest and covers all you need

Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  3. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Thread Starter Secret Member

Thank you so much for the link @oil This looks great, just what i needed :)

4. Frayedmind
    Happy

Frayedmind Well-Known Member

The joys of kodi! TV addons is great. If you download the pre-installed package it's got some great stuff. Genesis is one of the best as already stated, 1 channel is also good. Don't forget Navi-x, so much live stuff, great for sports and other stuff *cough*

5. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

I'll try on my laptop tomorrow but my impression of Genesis on tablet is that it is an inferior option to a decent private torrent tracker.

"No stream available"

Frayedmind likes this.
  6. Frayedmind
    Happy

You want to install the add on "Exodus", Genesis is being slowly left to perish. If you need a hand let me know, also the add on "cast away" is sports specific. I wouldn't bother with any other addon within the Kodi universe. That entirely my view though :p
    **Updated**
    also, I would recommend installing the latest version of Kodi :)
    **Updated**
    How-To Download Kodi and Kodi Addons

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Rick O-Shea likes this.
  7. glenn

glenn Well-Known Member

8. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

I have Kodi and a ton of add-ons installed on my Android TV Box but I still end using torrents 99% of the time. Finding a steam that plays well and then finding out it's a cam just isn't worth it to me. Just grab the torrent and I know what I'm getting ahead of time.

9. Frayedmind
    Happy

could it be your internet or a crappy addon, I only use the new-ish addon "exodus" and I can always nearly 99% find a stream and plays perfectly at 1080p no buffering, I also set up IPTV for live streaming or channels. I regularly clear the caches.

Find that using it on a computer is far more superior to using it on a Android Box.

I do still occasionally d/l a torrent, and also find Kodi to be a great manager for playing the said download, with a built in scraper, it downloads the subs, DVD case's and plot/genre. Which is great for a home theater solution with an Ipad mini set up as the remote :)

Nowt wrong with either.

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  10. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Thanks, Exodus is a massive improvement!

Also setup Castaway. I'll see what it's like tonight ;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  11. rob

rob Member

Channel one and Pheonix

12. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

anyone have a good m3u url that works? Mainly looking for UK/USA channels and using kodi iptv simple client.

13. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Well-Known Member

Exodus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Chili Pepper

Chili Pepper Well-Known Member

Uk Turks playlist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk