1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

indonesia gov ban ecig

Discussion in 'E-News' started by Ridwan Hartono, May 16, 2015.

1. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono Thread Starter MTL ♥️

Yeah this is so suck, indonesia gov ban ecig 100%

Mendag Gobel: Penjualan Rokok Elektrik Dilarang Total

And they also want to ban beer and alcohol drink, this is so stupid i think i will go looking for job in another country who dont make funny rule and ban stuff

2. Nanook

Nanook Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that bro! Does it include a ban on possessing/using vaping gear & juices, or only ban the import/sale thereof (like Thailand)?

3. Ridwan Hartono
    Relaxed

Ridwan Hartono Thread Starter MTL ♥️

Import / export, using vaping gear in public etc

4. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

That definitely sucks mate!

I ran the article thru Google translate and looks like the regular BS about vaping being bad has been used again...

5. Submaniac
    Fiendish

Submaniac Ayatolah of Rock 'N Rolla

It looks like there's going to eventually be a clean sweep of it being illegal throughout SE Asia...unfortunately. Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore.

6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

^^^ But not one word about the biggest health danger of all...cigarettes. Too much tax revenue at stake!

@Ridwan Hartono - sorry to hear this is happening. But the ID Vapers will find a way!

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Ridwan Hartono, Neilly and Nanook like this.
  7. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Sometimes I really don't quite understand these countries, Yes I know the tax collected by the govt for tobacco is high. Why dont they just tax on the ejuices the same amount and they might be collecting the same amount? Then everyone will be happy, vapers can vape and smokers can smoke and govt sit back and collect taxes from both sides...... Or maybe I am missing something else?

8. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Serious money involved...

The Thailand Tobacco Monopoly, known as TTM, is a state enterprise which had a monopoly in Thailand over the manufacturing and distribution of tobacco products

Thailand Tobacco Monopoly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Siam Diesel likes this.
  9. Xilver
    Cool

Xilver Well-Known Member

Yes, can't they implement taxes on ejuices like ciggies too? I know these would eventually make pricing higher than what it is now. But at least then everything can be made available easily and everyone that want to convert to vaping would be healthier too.

10. Neilly
    Lurking

Neilly Flavour Chaser

Yes the gov could tax the nicotine level in e-juice...but the TTM would lose sales of tobacco products

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

^^^ And they're probably already losing revenue (year on year). More importantly, they've probably already spent more than they'll take in so they're scrambling...just easier to make it illegal. In case there was any question, this just proves they don't give a whit about anyone's health...

Sent from my P3 Ti...

Xilver and Neilly like this.
  12. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

in the short run i think its going to be a bumpy ride. in the end, i dont see vaping being defeated. the countries that keep it legal will provide more than adequate statistical evidence to show that ecigs are far safer. that will kill this argument of ecigs being more dangerous. not to mention, if a country like Indonesia gets tough on tourist importing they will find the growing vaping community with all of their currency going to other counties for holiday.

eventually they will need to revise the laws. but for now, short sightedness and big tobacco will win out.

Xilver and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

That's a hard on for SE Asia vapers. I might gives some bad ideas to others countries in the area.. :(

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Thank God for Malaysia...they've taken a much more progressive approach to vaping! But it's not good that Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia & Cambodia have all banned the import & sale of vape gear...not that it's strictly enforced anywhere but SG...

Steve.H, PattsVaper and Tibo like this.
  15. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

You're right SD, so far we cannot complain. Certainly the situation could be easier for us but we are still able to vape safely. Seeing how fast the situation can change, let's focus on the bright side and thank the lord of vaping for blessing us with this half arse freedom ^^