1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Importing flavoring

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by Longtail1, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Thread Starter Vaping Troll

Due to my, albeit mild, sensitivity to PG I have been looking in to trying to get VG based flavoring for vaping. I may have a suitable company now who will send appropriate paperwork, etc. stating it is FDA approved food flavoring for customs and any other paperwork.

With that in mind and the latest BS crackdown on vaping, do any of you DIY gurus think I would have a problem getting the flavors in through customs?

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in an importing thread so admins feel free to move to a more appropriate forum if you wish.

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

The minute you use "food" in the customs declaration, the Thai FDA gets involved. There's a thread by @Darth Vaper on his experiences with this. Let's wait to see what some of the others have done vis-a-vis importation of flavorings. ;)

Longtail1 and Konvict like this.
  3. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

Any problems I've had seem to be related to things like how it was shipped, the carrier, how it was declared, the value, how much was ordered, and how the customs agents are feeling that day.

Siam Diesel and Longtail1 like this.
  4. Longtail1
    Amused

This guy will label discretely so that's ok. Normal registered post is available and apart from a possible initial order that I would like of 6 X 60ml bottles to amounts will be small I think, so I may just get away with it most of the time. Lol

Labeling I was thinking something like essential oils or aromatic oils, but I need to think it through a bit more.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

@Longtail1

I also have an allergy to PG as well...

I have found,if I vape juice higher than 65%VG , i'm ok..

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. Longtail1
    Amused

I was originally fine when I started vaping. No problems at all. Then I noticed a reaction around 50/50 juice and it has slowly got worse over the past 18 months. I now need minimum 70% VG to avoid ALL the most minor reactions. Max VG on a juice is fine as it is generally speaking higher than that but if continues to worsen I will be in trouble in the next few months? Hence looking to go to VG based flavors.

7. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same mate, there is no way I can vape a 50/50 blend, what has helped I've increased my water intake, but not to a 1 litre a day.

What may help, is mixing with intense concentrates such as Flavourah or Inawera, mixing at low ratios would mean less PG in your mix.

The only issue I've had from VG based concentrates, is that they lacked intensity in flavour.(as PG allegedly carries the flavour better ) also the viscosity of the liquid is harder to wick properly. I think it would help, if the nicotine was VG or AG based but not easy to source in Thailand.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  8. Longtail1
    Amused

Never actually tried VG based flavours before. I have tried juices that claim to be 100%, Yealiq for example, but when I have later contacted the company their flavors have been Pg based.

Never had problems wicking for Max VG in either RTA or RDA. Just a question of adapting, as long as it's not your tank juice flow causing the problem. As for nic, I would be happy with ANY nic available to us in Thailand. I just can't find any lol

moonoy93 likes this.