1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

iclear 30S not right

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by chiangrai, Feb 3, 2014.

1. chiangrai

chiangrai Thread Starter New Member

Hi,
    My iclear 30S is not acting like it used to.
    I pick it up and it's fine for a while.
    Then it gives off a brackish not burnt taste.
    Next the bottom of the battery is hot and the stainless steel top is very hot and the smoke production goes down.
    If I leave it down for 5 minutes it's fine but the same thing happens again.
    I use a 2ohms coil and dry burn it regularly.
    I use a 100%VG home made juice.
    Any suggestions,

2. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

Re: iclear SO2

What is and Iclear SO2 or 3 ???? by the sounds of your issue it could be plastic or silicon burning taste but i am not sure because i don't even know this tank.

3. onyabikeson

onyabikeson New Member

Maybe time to actually change your coils as they dont last forever . And what battery are you using ?

4. chiangrai

Sorry,
    yes iclear SO3.
    The coil is only ten days old.Been washed and dryburned once.
    My battery is the ego V V3 MEGA PASSTHROUGH

5. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Sure you don't mean the iClear 30s?

6. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Guessing you are talking about the Innokin iClear 30s. The guys are right for sure - time for a coil change. If you are a regular vaper coils should really only last 2-3 weeks. Learning to rebuild them is not hard although recoiling on a Iclear is probably not easy. I do have a Protank 3 which I just recoiled with a single coil and it is great - so it can be done.

7. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

So far the iclear 30s is not rebuild able because the coils and the wicks are hidden underneath a stainless steel cover which can't be removed.

What is an iclear SO3 can you post a picture please?

Anbessa

8. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Ok, this was getting a little confusing in the posts.
    OP, please note I have edited the Title and your OP to read iClear 30S
    Which I hope is the correct thing you are talking about.

As for your problem, I wash and dry burn mine every 3 -4 days.
    But I too have noticed that I am getting dry, scratchy hits on some juices even on a one week old coil after washing and dry burning it.
    It's all clean, coils glowing fine, ohm are correct, but it give me a bad hit every other hit.
    Not sure yet why...

9. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Could it be that the wick is not able to keep up with the amount you vape. It is only a tiny wick in there.

10. chiangrai

O.K,thank God Vapormorphs is here.
    You should know the model name as you recommended it to me.
    Just shows how much trouble free vaping I've had if I cant remember the name of the model.

Are you getting the overheating problem too.It's funny because I bought the coils at the same time.

By the way Vapormorphs is this what you're still mainly smoking or have you found a better model.
    We have the same tastes in machines,lots of cloud and low in maintenance

11. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

It gets hot if I hit it hard...

What ohms is yours reading? that is if you have something to check it with.

Nope, nothing can touch the iClear 30S for me when she works right...so yes, still using 2 of them daily...

Yep, but this same dry scratchy hit thing is something that has only really just started to happen to me, if put in a new head last week and it fixed it, but I'm not doing that every week, as in the past the wash and dry burn worked fine....

12. chiangrai

I changed the coil and it's back to normal.
    I have a 1.5ohms coil and am getting a reading of 1.8 ohms and I set it to 3 volts.
    I also use the 2ohms coil at 4.5 volts.

I still don't know which coil I prefer,what with changing juices and learning to dry burn I have not enough experience.

I also get a crackling sound which might be from vapeing while lying back watching videos.

13. Avhentges

Avhentges New Member

i used a 2.1 ohms coil on my iClear30S vapes perfect at 4V and 12W on my iTaste VTR(battery). crackling though i would be concerned about that, and with the bad taste tells me there's something wrong with you bands (stating this because i struggled a long time with my KangerTech Protank 3, it had the same probs) on you tank that create the seal you may have a small leak giving you the (gigirling sound) and thus experiencing the burning because there is inefficient airflow flowing through the atomizer which causes the juices to not feed through the coil like they should thus leaving the coil only to burn the wick giving you the burning taste.... not sure if you got it online or in a shop but i would either replace my tank or get some new seals on that bitch :) lmao hope i helped you out!