1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

icear 30S

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by chiangrai, Dec 14, 2013.

1. chiangrai

chiangrai Thread Starter New Member

Hi,
    I got a new iclear 30S a while back and am more than happy with it.
    I got a 2 ohms coil with it and I ordered another 1.5 coil.
    I just changed to the weaker coil today but also changed juices so I can't judge which coil is best for me.

I now want to order a bunch of coils from Micky,God bless him,and I don't know which to choose.He has only to choices.

My new juice is home made 90% VG.I'm not the king of guy that likes to rinse and dry burn to often.Can anybody tell me which coil would last the longest for me,the 2 ohns or the 1.5ohms,
    Thanks in advance.

2. ryanmacl

ryanmacl Well-Known Member

If you have a variable voltage or wattage mod then it doesn't really matter, although you'll get a bit better battery life with higher resistance. Lower resistance will heat up slightly faster. Neither one should outlast the other.

If you have a fixed voltage mod, then you need to try both and see which one works best for you.

3. chiangrai

I have a variable voltage battery.
    No more questions.
    Thank you very much.

4. disambiguated

disambiguated New Member

Higher resistance is better.

Don't try and dry-burn the iClear 30s heads, you'll end up ruining them.

I clean my iClear 30s clearomizers and heads by rinsing in cold water; carefully removing the small plastic cap atop the atomizer head with a small flathead screwdriver; dunking all the pieces except the soft plastic cap in hot (but not boiling) water with a denture-cleaning tablet; rinsing again in cold water; soaking in vodka for 4-5 hours; rinsing in cold water a third time; then air-drying for a couple of days.

5. ryanmacl

Just curious, why do you say that? Also, what mod are you using?

6. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

Why will you? I've been doing it that way for a long time and never had any problems and coils have lasted me months....

7. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Most vv/vw mods handle higher ohms better.

8. ryanmacl

Sure, compared to 1.2 or sub-ohm coils, but 1.8-2.5 is a pretty high up there range. I have 1.8's. 2.2's, 2.5's, and a few I've coiled myself (1.2-3.5) for my Protank, I have noticed no difference. I did have a Stardust/CE5 once that was 7.5 ohms, and while it didn't really put out much vapor, my SVD still handled it.

How do you mean they handle higher ohms better?

9. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

Almost all vv/vw mods cant fire a 1.5ohms coil at 15 watt at lower watts thay are ok, you can find the charts on the net.

sry for not adding links but iam in bed sick with fever.

10. ryanmacl

The SVD can handle it fine, and the MVP and VTR can also handle full power at anything above their cutoff range. I'm guessing this applied to older mods, but the newer ones seem to handle the range of coils commonly sold without any trouble.

11. mash
    Nerdy

mash zZz

You are right, i most have been looking at some old stuff or i just remember wrong:grin:

12. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

As you can see you are getting conflicting information from different forum members.

If you are using a mech mod you should use a 1.5 ohm and if you are using a VV/VW mod then go for a 2.0 ohm.

The subjectivity about one last longer than the other is just that, opinion.

Personally, I'm with Vapermorphs when it comes to cleaning the iClear30s. Rinse all the parts in warm water, dry them and reassemble the three bottom parts without the tank and the top ring and drip tip.

Dry burn it until the coils glow red for a few seconds, let them cool down for a few seconds and glow again. Do this three to four times and after that re-assemble your iClear and you are good to go for another week of hassle free vaping

The whole process takes about five minutes.

The iClear really is one of the best hassle-free devices out there that will give you consistent, enjoyable vaping without all the frustrations that so many other tanks, attys etc. will.

13. disambiguated

disambiguated New Member

Yes, I should've qualified my remarks by saying that I'm using a VTR.

If you use the denture tablets, there's no need to dry-burn, as they remove all the gunk from the wicks/coils. With dry-burning, one always runs the risks of burning out the coils - the denture-tablet method eliminates that risk, and it's safer.

14. chiangrai

What is the benefit of dry burning.
    That might seem like a beginners question but seens as I don't know it sounds like the last thing you should do.
    But so many people doit they must have a good reason.

So the soak and air drying sounds better to me .especially when you just dunk it in to soak and you have a dry coil ready from last time.
    Anyway back to which coil lasts longer on my egoV3V variable voltage battery.
    I apprechiate your help

15. -V-
    Cool

-V- Administrator Staff Member

You wash the wicks and coils under water, then dry everything with tissue, pop it on your device at about 5 V ( for me anyway) and just keep firing it, watching all the gunked up juice burn off till the coils glow red. let it cool for a few minutes then it's all good to go again, 10-15 mins at the most for a fully clean and ready to use again iClear 30 or 30S or Vivi Nova.

I've been doing it this way for near on a year, used to do it with my Vivi Novas, never popped a coil once.
    Finally a coil does go on any tank, but most coils last me a good few months.
    Many other vapers around the world also do it this way, it's no just me..lol..
    Never had any problems.

Just a nice quick and easy way to do it imho.

It's each to their own really, it what works for you, this works for me and fruitLover and many others, but if others like to do it another way then that's fine.
    For me I just like how quick and easy it is, and as I said I have never damaged a coil doing it this way....