1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

I no longer need to vape in Thailand

Discussion in 'General Thailand Vaping Discussion' started by -V-, Nov 12, 2013.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I've now got to the stage where I really don't need to vape in Thailand any more.
    I have done my goal which was to stop smoking, I don't get any urges to smoke cigs at all now.

I can vape or not vape, it's that easy.
    But it's an enjoyable hobby, kinda relaxing to do, so I shall continue with it.

I'm happy I have got to this stage, not being dependent on it any more.
    A few other have got to this stage and just stopped, good for them I say, as long as they don't drop back into smoking the cancer sticks that is.

With that, i feel the need to sit back in my office and have a nice 10 minute vape with some Goodlife Vapor juice:very good::very good::vaping::vaping:

What keeps you vaping or what stops you from stopping vaping?

Richard and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

I like having something in my mouth to suck on.
    I've tried alternatives, but the drip tip does it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. erick_silom

erick_silom New Member

love blowing those clouds but just in the condo or in the bar during weekends. :grin::here's your beer:

4. Hoppy

Hoppy Retired, fat and happy

I get a lot of friends asking me why I bother, when I only use zero nic. I am the same as Morphs, I like it, it is relaxing and it doesn't bother other people.

5. -V-
    Cool

Well I am at a new stage now, where I need to vape

I do remember the stage I got to in Thailand where I didn't need to vape or should I say I didn't feel the need to vape so much...

But now it's just like it was when I was smoking, I need that vape and got to have it...
    What the hell went wrong/...lol,

6. Sparcs

Sparcs Member

When I tried to quit I thought it was all about the nicotine but it wasn't.
    For me I broke the addiction down to three parts, nicotine, keeping the hands busy (habit) and most importantly for me was filling the lungs with smoke.
    When I was on the patch, that took care of the nicotine but something was missing. When I tried vaping it was a "aahh, there it is" kinda moment.

I can totally understand vaping with 0 mg nicotine. I'm at 3 mg now and getting to 0 will be the 1st plateau. Then quitting all together will be the last phase.
    I don't put any pressure of timelines on myself for quitting. I may get to 0 mg and stay there for years, no idea.

When I was researching vaping, i read online somewhere where the author forgot his gear at home and he was half way to work. Instead of going back he said "screw it" and went to work. When he came home he did without the vape and at that point considered himself quit with cigs and vaping. Not sure how he made out afterwards but I'm sure if there was going to be a relapse it would be to vaping only.

Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  7. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

To be honest I never think about quitting, even though I did stop for 2 days in April when I was sick and thought at that moment I could just stop now and get it over with.

I also never think about going lower in nicotine, which I did think about in the first year of vaping, 12mg juices and only 3 - 4 ml a day is I think healthier than 6mg and 6 - 8 ml a day.

jpr, Dieter. and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

I'm still on 12mg after >3.5 years and don't plan on reducing further (or quitting altogether). Most of the time, when I leave the house, I don't take any gear with me, but am happy to get home to my flavors (which is what I'm really hooked on). :p

Dieter. and Konvict like this.
  9. -V-
    Cool

Tried zero nic once, didn't get on with it....

Siam Diesel and Dieter. like this.
  10. Vapoman

Vapoman Member

Before I moved to Thailand January 2017, I didn't smoke or drink for 2 years. I did vape quite heavy though, 35ml would last 2 or 2.5 days. I progressed up to a Subbox mini, and probably wasted lots of juice on leaks, spillage before this final progression. I literally had the thing attached to my mouth, tooting most of the day. Italian Cappuccino is my favourite flavour. Anyway, came to Chiang Mai, without vape gear, as I had also stopped vaping after a lung slightly collapsed, April the prior year. So I was also vape free for about 8 months.

Anyways, lasted approx. 2 weeks. Had a few beers after a week or so with a few stinkys, gave up smoking again, felt good and in control, then the second time this happened the addiction once again consumed me. On the stinkys now again, but starting to vape again and have my eye on giving up regular smoking and vaping once again exclusively.

For me it's all about the mindset that the nicotine is the addictive substance, and with vaping you still get this fix. Yet there are so many advantages over regular smoking. I start at 12mg and move rapidly down to 3mg when I'm committed. 3mg was the minimum, but before I stopped I heard 1mg was coming in? Have also done 0mg when I have had the addiction under control and find I vape far less with this, and gradually you lose the fear of not bringing your gear out with you - the crutch so to speak.

So, nearly out of juice that I brought with me last time I was home in Ireland, must stock up on some new juice from someone selling online here, and commit to vaping only and gradually once again get to the sweet point the original poster is at :)

11. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

If I stop vaping, what should I do with all the free time ? I started to vape August 2013 and by september 3 I was completely stinky free. I smoked cigarettes then some years only pipe, then cigarettes again and from 2000 until i came to Thailand in 2007 pipe. In Thailand I changed to cigarettes again until I finally found e-ciggs in 2013. I was a slow learning vaper, meaning I bought regulated mods and tanks with prebuild coils. For a too long period of time. I tried to buy mechanical mods and drippers, and even when I managed to actually build a working coil, I gave up on it again. Then in 2015 I finally start to buy tanks like the Lemo, got a Kayfun v3.1 as a giveaway and start building coils and after a time liked it so much, that I bought different rebuildable tanks, and today I have only tanks that are rebuildable. I am a typical mouth to lung vaper.

Thanks to the fantastic support from the Thai government and the fantastic law from 2014, I gave myself the challenge to vape as much from the vape gear I had before the date of the 2014 law. Ok I cheat on the mod side, since I still use my Guardian pipe from Smok, I just love the feeling holding a pipe again, but the other mods are a mix of regulated mods and mechanical mods. I had 2 kick clones, that turned the mechanical mods to somewhat regulated ones and I got 2 real kick 2 I bought in the forums classified. The tanks I use the Kayfun v3's but also use the Kayfun v4 and v5. After using a mechanical mod and a tank without kik, I now use 3 mechanical mods without the kik clones, and it just works fine for me. Today I to all that, what i should have done years ago.

I still use 10 mg nicotine juices, and have no plan of going further down on nicotine. In my age nicotine is quiet helpful for my memory and even my stomach, and most important I feel fine. There is nothing better than to start the day with some coffee and an e-cigarette and just meditate a little in the garden and feel the peace coming, using either my Smok e-pipe, or the Hammer mod.

Now it is a hobby like i once had pipes as a hobby. I'm building the coils, clean my gear, renew the cotton, fill the tanks up, so they are ready and so on, at least an hour a day, so what should i use the time for, if I did not have my e- cigarette as a hobby too? Today I can also go into the city without missing my e-cigarette, and have a good time, but coming home, the first thing is to pich an e-cig and have a good long vape. And I have no intention whatsoever quitting to vape.

farangmick, Konvict, jpr and 3 others like this.
  12. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

I slow down 4 months ago from 6 mg/ml to 3. it's sometime too just and some days I vape a lot.
    (anyway it's convenient about nicotine: a 100ml bottle of 100mg/ml is a lot liquid to vape)
    I love vape like a hobby, building coils, juices, real gears to care, learning etc...not only as a way ( the best IMO) of quitting cigarettes.
    I come back this time to mech mods and drippers and enjoy, (rta and V/W mod are for the car or "non welcome vape places")
    it can change, if I find a really good and easy to use rta single coil( I got the "good"crius and the obs engine nano) and after come again to dripper for a while ;-),
    Even if I was at 0mg/ml, I just know that I'll appreciate the good rta/rda with the good juice at the good time, it's why I'm quite sure I'll not stop vaping.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017