1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

I did it !

Discussion in 'Thailand DIY Juice Making' started by Tibo, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo Thread Starter French Hedonist

Errr.. none :) The guy I bought from send me recipe examples but with 3 or more concentrates. I only used two. I adapted the numbers to match, roughly. Since I only mixed two flavors, a drop of sweetener and some nic, I did not feel the use of any calculator. I don't use PG as well, only VG. I will send you the exact recipe, any advices will be super appreciated !

Yes from Thailand, but not sure if this thread is public or not. @Siam Diesel can I say the vendor's name ?
    I did shake it but again, absolutely 0 minutes steeping so I also take in consideration that I am not giving it the time it probably needs to balance itself.

Very probably so, at least a new beginning ! I have found my desire to discover and experiment again in vaping !

pierdon and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Please go ahead, @Tibo. Do you want this moved to MO?

Sent from my P3 Ti...

3. Tibo
    Relaxed

No I am fine with this thread being here, it was just for the vendor. I contacted him on Facebook, he goes under the name of The Juice 777. He answered quickly and speak excellent english. I got concentrate, sweetener, nic and seringue from him. All good, he is the one advise me what to get to start a very basic DIY.

I recommend him for local supplies but I do not have any other experience to compare him to. I have talked to couple of members here and his prices seem very fair. Quality wise..I'd say great but again, hard to compare for me !

@Lotta is about to hook me with two others flavors, I am excited like a child with a brand new Buzz Lightyear figurine !!

Siam Diesel likes this.
  4. jorakae

jorakae Well-Known Member

These percentages sound pretty high to me at >20% flavoring. My most complex mix which is 6 different flavors comes out to 16.5% flavoring. Olfactory fatigue is a real thing. I would try cutting these percentages in half. Heavy flavors like cheesecakes usually take at least 2 weeks to fully develop. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be overpoweringly strong in about 2 weeks if it lasts that long.

Do not leave your top off to steep. Your flavorings are volatile organic compounds. The more unstable compounds will evaporate leaving you with a loss of those subtle, finer details that really round out your flavors. The same for using heat to steep. Yes, it might seem like it brings our your flavors faster, but your final product in the end will be less than what it could have been if you had just left the top on and left it alone besides a shake every now and again. There is really no shortcut to steeping unless you are prepared to invest in an $800 homogenizer.

Siam Diesel, moonoy93 and Tibo like this.
  5. Tibo
    Relaxed

Thanks for the intake @jorakae

If I drop the flavoring in half, I'll end up with 3ml of flavoring for 27ml of VG, that sounds correct ? Gosh if it is, this is the most save saving thing vaping has to offer !!!!!

6. jorakae

Based on the fact that your total volume ended up being 32.3 ml and 2.6mg/nic, I would suggest using a calculator. This will help you navigate the correct volumes to achieve your desired outcome. After you do this often enough, you may find that you no longer need the calculator. This would have left you with a recipe that looks something like this:

2016-07-12 (2).png

Also, try not using any sweetener. You may find that you don't need it. Sweeteners have a tendency to gunk up your coils fast. There are other ways to add sweetness such as a marshmallow, sweet cream, or vanilla whipped cream flavor.

Siam Diesel, moonoy93 and Tibo like this.
  7. Tibo
    Relaxed

That seems great indeed. I take your advice and will use it tomorrow to make a 100ml batch. Any particular calculator you'd recommend that's easy to use for a start ?

Thanks again for this !

8. yourauntbob
    Happy

yourauntbob hair club for men member

Congrats Tibo! Juice mixing is no more complicated than cocktail mixing. If you can make a white russian, gin and juice, rum an coke... then you can make juice.

different concentrates have different potency, some of mine a dab will due while others i need up to 20% for decent flavor. need to play around with it a bit but it doesnt take long.

Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  9. jorakae

The caramel is still probably high in that photo I posted and should actually provide all the sweetness you need without the need to add sweetener. I would cut it in half to 1.5%.

Just use the calculator at e-liquid-recipes.com. e-Liquid Calculator:: New recipe Some might suggest ejuicemeup but that requires a download and has a bit more of an intimidating interface.

stormvapers, Siam Diesel and Tibo like this.
  10. Tibo
    Relaxed

Thanks guys. I intend to play around @yourauntbob once I get more flavors :)

@jorakae I will use that tomorrow and see if I can get my brain around it !

Millions of thanks

sethrune.sr and Siam Diesel like this.
  11. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would mix a 10ml first..

IF its good - thats great..

But if its horrible... its a waste of flavours, nicotine -IMO...

12. colind88
    Devilish

colind88 Well-Known Member

Hey Tibo just a suggestion, mix up your Nic base (carefully rubber gloves recommended). Depending on where it is from it could have "hot spots" from not being mixed well.

13. Lotta

Lotta Well-Known Member

Agree about the interface when stating out but for an intermediate to seasoned mixer, there is no better solution. IMHO

14. Tibo
    Relaxed

Good idea, I will do 10ml. But I will taste directly because I cannot wait 10 days for 10ml and then another 10 for the 100ml if it is good ^^

You mean shake it ?

I am using Mac and seems that eJuice me Up in for PC only :/
    **Updated**
    Ok here is one thing I don't get :

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 1.34.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 1.33.36 PM.png

It's asking me the % of flavor I want to add. But this is exactly what I don't know and what I want it to find out. How do I know what % should I put ??

Pretty sur it's a lame question but that's the perk of being a noob, shame got nothing on me !!

[​IMG]

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. moonoy93
    Cloud_9

moonoy93 Well-Known Member

THIS is the fun of mixing....

There are certain flavours from different companies -which have different strengths..

You have to adjust the strength of the flavour, to make a nice vapable juice..

For example:

Cheesecake 8% Caramel 3%.

You might find, after a week... Taste is too much Caramel...

In the next mix, you mix Caramel at 2%....

This is why, Premium Eliquid vendors are more expensive, than home mixing, as they have taken time
    to perfect a recipe...

There are thousands of recipes on the internet, and also there are recommended ratios for certain flavours
    to mix at...

Happy Mixing...

Tibo and Siam Diesel like this.