1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

I arrested in Pattaya for I used e-cig

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Bradock, Dec 15, 2017.

1. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

i second this... this law is so stupid you should really write up that story once you are safely home and publish it on the internet, unfort. they might only change things if they see tourism plumming even lower

Bradock, jpr, Chili Pepper and 2 others like this.
  2. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

I just looked it up, they estimate that around 20 million people vape around the world and these numbers are growing rapidly.

A big loss for Thailand, now and in the future, if they cannot come here on vacation. Look at the lost income because of this stupid law.

How Many People Vape Around The World? - Virginia White

3. sezze

sezze Active Member

I just come back from my 2 month holiday . 1st couple of days Bangkok ( when it was Kings funeral ) after Udon Thani and outskirts and after a few days Pattaya . After not smoking for nearly 1 year .... and my nic gone down to 1.6mg the 1st few days in Bangkok made me allready go for sigarettes since there was a lot of police everywhere and in the room , when i took more then 2 vapes the smoke alarm went off .. The rate of visible vapers went down to 0 , i saw 1 person with stealth vaping mod , but that was it . Udon was ok , but due to i had come back to the smokes i found it difficult to vape ( or lose the cig's ) . Not so much hassle here , but i was staying outside Udon , so i wasnt afraid there . After Pattaya .. plenty of police like always , amount of visible vapers ... not more then a handfull , inside the bars there were here and there , but also not more then a handfull . Needless to say , i wasnt vaping a lot and smoking much more . Now back home im trying to ct down on the cigs again but it will certainly take me a couple of days . Thx stupid Thai law and even more stupid police .

btw i spoke to a Thai person , and he/she said , when vape outside , 1500baht fine . I said , yes thats Thai nr's but not for foreigners .

jpr, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  4. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

agree with you, that's Thailand.... I'm in the real country side about 100 km in the south from udon, the situation is surely different from Pucket, BKK or Pataya....; not so much people here care about home made rice vine, tobacco leaf free of tax, e-cig, smoking permit or not. the only problem is in special places hospital, police station, police control, etc....where you know you have to really care.
    That just mean that non resident " tourist' wishing to travel (enjoy Thailand) (have a look at ) to CNX, BKK, Phuket, Pataya even Khorat) will get bored of this controls very fast

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Yes, that was me:
    Proposed Thai Laws | Page 41 | Thailand Vapers

Thanks for telling us details and I am so sorry for this mess you have. This just confirms my concerns I postet already, that out of those millions of vapers out there, so many don't know anything about bans on e-cigs because its really insane for a country to allow smoking almost everywhere and even bringing cigarettes into the country but then ban e-cigs, although it is worldwide implemented and regulated 1:1 as a tobacco product, like cigarettes.

@Bradock please keep us updated, I know you probably have other problems now, especially how to keep up there for such a long time. I do hope your employer will show comprehension.

What surprises me: Why did they say, that your driving licence was not valid for Thailand?

Chili Pepper, Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

It look that the Police more than 1 year ago, even in the deep country side, got "recommendation ;-) " for the strict application of the law, foreigner must have an international driving + their driving lesson, the fine is 400 Baht

Konvict and Sue like this.
  7. kevin bangkok

kevin bangkok Well-Known Member

One of the problems regarding Bail is it is paid back to you, but you have to wait for 6
    different (ranking officers) to sign the cheque,have done it twice in the end you just have to wait
    could also be a problem for Bradok,perhaps his dad lives here then no problem...........

Chili Pepper likes this.
  8. Bradock

Bradock Thread Starter Member

I will keep update but for now just waiting no any progress. And yes Kevin it is will be problem my father not living here and I have no idea how can i back thats bail.

Now just worried about what court decide next court

jpr, Konvict and Chili Pepper like this.
  9. kevin bangkok

Ring BANKOK POST tell them your court date...........

10. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

Its not such a problem for vapers living and working in Thailand, but these rather "inhuman" cases now happen to tourists, who have to go back to their home country for work. Just imagine, having to tell your boss, that you cannot leave the country because of a bail and court decision....what would this boss think of you at first? Normally such things only happen drug smugglers.

Siam Diesel, Nakhonsisean and Konvict like this.
  11. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

Yes! @Bradock this is a good idea! More publicity into the unfairness of the situation here. Maybe even try to get into contact with the media in your home country!

12. kevin bangkok

i have had to deal with BIB on a number of occasions it has cost me dearly,they are the worst
    in the world, well the parts of the world I have visited !! and Farangs are the best cash cows they have
    and you cannot win here,I hope bradock has a good Lawyer",I really do", some of them are as corrupt
    as the other lot,I am sure he will get off with a fine in the lower proportions........

jpr and Konvict like this.
  13. Sue
    Breezy

Sue Well-Known Member

14. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

15. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

@Bradock Pretty sure this is the group that has been lobbying the government. The main guy, think his name is Marris always appears on this group, probably runs this page. He also seems to speak English, saw him interview a foreign scientist on one post. He seems very pro-active so maybe he can give you some good advice.

Facebook