1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

How to make vaping legal in Thailand

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vapers Lounge' started by djandyfrancis, Sep 22, 2015.

1. djandyfrancis

djandyfrancis Thread Starter Member

Hi guys. How can we lobby this government into making vaping legal. Ok with vaping restrictions I can deal with as in other countries but I'm talking about the buying and selling of juices and devices. Wouldn't it be nice to go shopping and try new devices and sample liquids and generally chit chat with fellow vapors. I've lived here forever and no how difficult this is but is there a way???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Thai tobacco is owned by the government so the first step is to give the government more money that there going to lose, or at least a way of getting it, along with money to sweeten all of the people in the tobacco industry that would lose out. As you can guess this is almost impossible.

etlava likes this.
  3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

We can't do anything, leave it to the Thais who can do something. But don't expect them to lol

4. djandyfrancis

Beyond my pay grade Mack. Sp annoying

5. Mo6495
    Breezy

Mo6495 Well-Known Member

Even I'm Thai, it's very dramatic to hope the story become true. :don't like:

v 4 vendetta and Tibo like this.
  6. djandyfrancis

So atm it's legal to smoke analogue cigs outside a pub but officially illegal to vape outside a pub as both juice and device are illegal. Comon guys something needs tp change imo. The fact is no one in the government is doing any due delligence on this no one is bothering to do any descent research. They read some bias report and thats their mind made up plus the loss in tobacco tax doesn't help. We need more media attention surely. We cant just give up "Can We". There are pretty strict rulees regarding vaping outside of Thailand but as far as I lnow the sale of this is not prohibited or is it. Over to you guys.

7. Rick O-Shea

Vaping itself isn't illegal.

Foreigners should concentrate on their own countries as in this instance we hold no weight whatsoever.
    Then when our own governments are seen to encourage vaping as an alternative to smoking and the evidence is irrefutable, hopefully the Thais will start making a noise.

Just my opinion.

8. djandyfrancis

Yes I take your point. As I'm a farang with Thiai citizenship I'm in the middle. Let's hope the west pave the way and Thailand will then follow common sense.

Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  9. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

How long have you been in Thailand ? The laws here can be hard to understand for a westener, since they often have no logic build in but anyway. It is allowed to juse e-cigarettes in Thailand. You can vape the same places where you are allowed to vape. It is only the import of e-cigarettes and liquid that is forbidden together with the selling of e-cigarettes and liquid. So if you still are able to get hold of e-cigarettes and e-liquid, I guess the Thai authorities admire your persistence so much, that they at least let you use it :)

10. djandyfrancis

Thanks Dieter thats clearer to understand. I've been here since the 70's but don't advertise that as there's no reason to. Just looking to increase my quality of life. Love Thailand otherwise would not have stayed so long.

11. Rick O-Shea

Oh, well that changes things somewhat.

Let me know how you get on;)

12. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

If I had known, you have been here for so long and even have Thai citizenship, I would not have asked, otherwise I can see the point @Rick O-Shea is making. I spend lot's of time arguing on Danish sites and with the politicians and parliament, hoping that something good will come out of it, and if not, at least they know that I'm not an idiot believing their bullshit. :)

Konvict, Siam Diesel and Rick O-Shea like this.
  13. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

On the contrary, they read all the right ones and understood each words of it.

But between your health improvement and a tons of money, guess which one they'll always go for.

You could say that smokers being sick also costs a lot of money to the governement. It is true, but they make more money on taxes than they spend on health care. It's called spend a little to make a lot.

I do not believe Thai governement isn't aware or too "simple minded" to understand. They just don't have to take any action now because the community is too small to have a real negative impact yet.

If ever we reach half of the influence vapers have in EU and US, we'll be in for a wild ride :)

Don't think they don't know how beneficial it is to vape. They know. Probably even more than us, they know.

But they did one thing that we did not : the math.

v 4 vendetta, Mo6495 and Siam Diesel like this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

There are some positive signs world-wide, though. The British Health Service has come out in favor of e-cigs. The US FDA is trying to decide what to do...deeming regs are on the horizon, which could have a big influence on other countries. The European TPD is undergoing a legal challenge in the UK that hopefully, will have a favorable outcome. There are more and more studies being published indicating that vaping is much safer than smoking the stinkies.

If vaping keeps moving in this positive direction, at some point, the Thai govt. (and perhaps Singapore) may take notice and relax the import ban. Until that occurs, I don't see that there's a lot we can do to influence local vaping policy. As long as they don't make vaping, itself, illegal... ;)

Like most things, it's still largely about the (lost cig tax) money...not just here but world-wide. Nonetheless, I'm hopeful that common sense will eventually prevail.

Just my 2 setangs worth...
    :vaping: :vaping:

15. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

[​IMG]