1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

How to make Vanilla Custard juice?

Discussion in 'Bakery and Dessert Recipes' started by -V-, Jan 7, 2014.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I have never made DIY juice
    I'd love to now how to make Vanilla Custard juice

Anyone know how to do this?
    The recipe?
    What is needed?

2. oil
    Bitching

oil Custom What?

the 2nd most stupid answer would be

- PG / VG mix as desired with
    - 10% Vanilla Custard Flavoring

:D

Tibo and haybilly like this.
  3. asiaexpat

asiaexpat Well-Known Member

add nicotine to taste

4. Panga

Panga idiot

Grant's Vanilla Custard Recipe:

Capella (brand) Vanilla Custard 15 %
    Capella Dulce de Leche 2%
    Ethyl Maltol (Crystals) 1%.

Which leaves....82%.

---------------------

Add nicotine base. How much depends on how strong your base is & what strength you want your juice. I use 36mg base and vape 6mg so I add 17 % nic base

--------------------

Add vg in quantity you want in your juice. So if you want 40% VG you add 40% VG.

------------------

Top up to 100% with PG

------------------------------

So you need PG, VG, nic base, flavoring, sweetner. And ideally some small syringes to measure all this.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I was making something similar (using flavors from The Flavorer's Apprentice not Capella). However I found (as mentioned in the podcast) that custard flavors seem to cause lung scarring. I cannot find a safe custard flavor and suspect one doesn't exist.

So no more custard for Panga :very sad:

-----------------------

Note: my math above is slightly out because I am lazy right now. There are lots of good online juice-making calculators which will do all the math for you. You just input the flavor %, nic strength and PG/VG ratio.

Note2: As far as I can tell by far the safest flavor company is Flavor Art and I will be ordering only from them in the future. No idea how easy it will be to get it shipped to LoS though.

haybilly and ckapp like this.
  5. pommyb

pommyb New Member

Not sure about Los but they came to Thailand just fine. Go through Flavour Art UK as their shipping rates are very much better.

6. fruit-lover
    Cheerful

fruit-lover Well-Known Member

Although Grant is a smashing bloke with sales service that is second to none, I don't think I would pay that much (£50 for 50ml) again.
    It was an interesting vape, but not one that I would buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Nikosan

Nikosan Active Member

Vanilla custard can cause lung scarring also known as popcorn lungs because of the diacetyl which is a chemical ingredient in artificial butter. However, since that has been known a lot of flavor vendor switch to acetyl which doesn't cause that problem. However, because acetyl form a chemical reaction with the air to create (trace amount) of diacetyl it is still a slight concern. IMO don't worry about it it's not that huge of an amount to be overly concern. Vape what you like just be well inform on what you're vaping. If you ever heard of cuttwood unicorn milk you'll also know that the milky pink color they get is from titanium something XD. That was the version 1 of unicorn milk at least. So be aware of what's in you're juice and you should be fine.

haybilly likes this.
  8. ckapp
    Amused

ckapp Smile!

This an interesting thread because I use Alchemy & Co. Creme flavor for most of my juice mixing. As a stand-alone, it's divinely creamy, just the right amount of sweetness and the vanilla is out of this world; subtle but oh, so nice... In that, it 'picks up' a bunch of different store-bought juices, particularly those which are mint/menthol heavy, like AJ Vape Mango Black Currant and some of the chocolates too.

So obviously, when I order my mixing supplies, I'll be going large on the vanilla and sweetener flavorings so I have a large back-stock of cream base to mix with any of my own concoctions or with ready-mades as well.

Also found this recipe. Could work too...

AC.Square.sm.jpg

9. haybilly
    Paranoid

haybilly Well-Known Member

I want to try that Creme Brulee recipe.