1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

how often should I replace it?

Discussion in 'Vaping Maintenance' started by etlava, Dec 17, 2015.

1. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Thread Starter Well-Known Member

First and foremost, thanks in advance for the help.

Questions :
    1) attached photo, it's called "single coil unit or cartomizer"? Reason is I have been trying to look for replacement unit and need a correct name/key word to search.

2) how often should I replace it. I'm using RBA and consuming 3ml per day. Mainly 50/50 ratio juice.

:cheers2:

4-nc.jpeg

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

It's a coil. This is what's commonly called a cartomizer...you add juice to the top...they're not used as much today as in the past (although some people still swear by them).
    upload_2015-12-17_10-23-47.png

Replace it when the vapor volume diminishes and/or the flavor diminishes and/or it becomes difficult to vape...you'll know when it's time!

farangmick and etlava like this.
  3. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

Siam Diesel and etlava like this.
  4. etlava
    Psychedelic

etlava Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Cheers.. You've just confirmed what I have been reading but The thing is I have Just finished my first bottle of juice (60ml), all the signs mentioned above has just diminishes by about <10%. I also read that it should be replaced after every 20 refills. I guess it boils down to whichever comes first, right?
    :cheers2:
    **Updated**
    Cheers mate. You have no idea how much time you have saved me. Btw, how did you do the "hyperlink from Google "?

Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I change my Naughty coils when I'm no longer happy with the vape they're giving me. The coil change 'guidelines' from Kanger will probably be sooner...but they're in the business to sell coils. :D

There is no "one-size fits all" answer...a lot depends on the power at which you're vaping and the juice you're using. I have to change the coils on tanks with darker juices much more frequently than those with lighter juices.

farangmick and etlava like this.
  6. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

If you submerse the coils in vodka it cleans them and they can be used again

Jared S, RemGirl, farangmick and 2 others like this.
  7. The Rev
    Sleepy

The Rev Forgiven Member

I just did the search at google.com then copied the resulting address and dropped it in my post above. The forum software automatically gave the link text. Piece of cake.

etlava and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I know people who swear by this...never worked for me, though. I prefer to drink my vodka... ;)
    :grin:

RemGirl and etlava like this.
  9. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

I found it works very well, I don't know how many times it can be done with the same coils because I have only just started doing it - you only need a very small amount in a cup!

Jared S, RemGirl and etlava like this.
  10. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

I'll try that. But since I'm from Yorkshire, so careful wi t' brass, does lao khao do the same?

etlava likes this.
  11. Longtail1
    Amused

Longtail1 Vaping Troll

I have no idea about Lao Khao but vodka is a very "clean" spirit that will leave little or no residue even if not rinsed after soaking. Don't, however, used medical type alcohol as that can leave a really nasty after taste on your coils I'm told.

etlava, Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  12. RemGirl
    Pensive

RemGirl Active Member

I use Atlantis, Nautilus and Smok nickel coils, and I clean all of them with vodka. In a jam jar, overnight, and just give them some vigorous shakes. Then put them on a window sill for 24 hours to dry out - takes a while because the wadding is so thick and tightly packed. The larger the wicking holes, the better it works, so better on the Smoks and the Atlantis than on the nautilus, but I still get another two or three uses out of them.

I've also used one of those tiny little interdental brushes like a pipe cleaner down the middle hole to get rid of burnt residue. Works well if your access to new coils is limited.

There are also some decent vids on YouTube re-coiling Atlantis and Nautilus atomizer coils. I have tried this, to only moderate success.

farangmick, etlava, Neilly and 2 others like this.
  13. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

Found an old bottle of Gordons gin and trying that. Don't like G&T anyway. My coils only seem to last about five days, so happy if I can get another week out of them.

RemGirl and etlava like this.
  14. Jared S
    Spaced

Jared S Well-Known Member

I've been soaking+rewicking my iSub coils since mid September and they are still going strong. The resistance gradually moves up a little by little though. Fresh coil started off around 0.46 Ohm and now they are about 0.49 ~ 0.5 Ohm. I'll probably stop using them once the resistance exceed 0.5 but at the moment, they aren't there yet.
    **Updated**
    If you want a coil that lasts then you might want to consider Uwell Crown. You will save up on the coil for sure but whatever you save up will probably be spent on the juices instead :pleasure:

15. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Never tried gin...don't think I'd like the gin (juniper berry) flavor mixed with my juices. Let us know how it turns out! ;)

farangmick likes this.