1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

How many months has it been now??

Discussion in 'Temperature Control board Talk' started by -V-, Jan 29, 2015.

1. -V-
    Cool

-V- Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

It's been a long time since they got the dna 40 boards out
    There were a lot of problems with the screens in Temp mode
    They said they'd fixed that issue
    They then brought out the Big screen version which was one of the latest versions
    And yet I still read of problems with the scrambled screen in Temp mode

I know a few users on here with the dna 40 and have no problems, but it's still there
    I read it's when there is a short on the coil in Temp mode it messes up the screen, no short all is ok, as soon as you get a short them the screen scrambles.
    Good thing is it's only when in Temp mode, you can still use it normally without any scrambled screen if you don't use the Temp mode

A few rDNA 40 with big screen issues

Screen Shot 2558-01-29 at 11.33.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2558-01-29 at 11.34.05 AM.png

2. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Another thing to frustrate me as I have one in the post. I hope that doesnt need to go back like my Vapor Flask.

3. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

It's a bummer if you want temp control.

The added features and 10w is worth the extra money for the chip alone. For me, if temp control works then great, if it doesn't, nevermind.

4. -V-
    Cool

Same as me, i tried the Temp mode, didn't really do anything special for me
    I get nothing different in the way I vape with it
    I can see the advantage for drippers, but as I am not a dripper, I can see my juice in my tanks, and I never get any dry hits ever I am happy with the normal way.

I also found that in Temp mode the mod and the tank got hotter...

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Love temp mode. Both of my rDNA40 devices working great and without a single glitch been using daily since mid-December...here I go again: Knock on wood.

Haven't noticed any extra heating of tanks in temp mode.

6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

@Scratchy
    Do you think you get a better vape than you do with Kanthal? Or on par plus the added benefit of no dry hits?
    I know you like temp mode a lot, I'm not knocking it, the only atty I have set up for it is the Rose which I don't like, I have a Squape-R on it's way which I will experiment with.

7. Scratchy
    Lurking

I would have to say on par because I have not really done much identical type comparisons - same Mod, same juice, same atty, same wattage, but with different coils (Ni200 vs kanthal). Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't expect you'd notice much difference except for may a super low resistance kanthal + high wattage setup using kanthal where you might not achieve the same warmth and vape with Ni200. I have had some real nice 0.12 RDA Ni200 builds though that kicked out great vapor and taste. It's just that you are limited to the 40 W.

The thing is the added time (not a lot) and precautions in making sure the coil is built well and very secure with Ni200. I actually had run an RTA dry when busily doing other things and noticed only when it produced so very little vapor. Took a look and yep, it was about bone dry....not burnt hit at all! As V mentioned, a nice plus with RDAs where one is more often going to come across dry wick situations.

Forgot to add that I have an rDNA40 as well as a VaporFlask.....absolutely love the VaporFlask 2.1. I'd have to say it's my favorite mod.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

After the screen scrambles, if you fix the short, does the screen go back to normal or does it stay fcuked up?

9. -V-
    Cool

From what I read no
    Also the first time I put a coil on my Zero dna 40 it was with a short on the Subtank rebuild deck, and the scrambled screen happened then with the temp mode, so maybe that has something to do with it

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Mack
    Relaxed

Mack Well-Known Member

Dispite a lot of problems I love temp control, definatly for drippers so you can vape dry, but also for some all steel tank setups that I like to have tank cracking liquid in. I have good glass tanks now that can help but there not as robust as the full SS ones. If Im going to change flavours on a tank its always an advantage to vape dry if Im not ready for a wick change or coil clean.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Cheers V...that's not good!

12. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

I think temp control has been largely a bust...you don't even hear anyone talking about it anymore at all.

13. Scratchy
    Lurking

I think once the yihi chip comes out you'll hear more. One of the reasons it's not so very much talked about is because the mods that have it are fairly expensive and as a result not positioned well for the mainstream market. IMO too early to call it a bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Talen
    Doh

Talen Well-Known Member

There are tons of people who have bought expensive mods and continue to. The problems with the DNA chip aside there will still be the same frustrations with the yihi chip. it was much talked about and touted among the industries elite and you don't even see them using the mods that they got for free, that in itself is very telling.

15. Scratchy
    Lurking

Yes, they continue to buy but look at the variety and number of those other relatively expensive mods compared to the number of DNA 40 mods. Far more of the former are available so it's not surprising that they dwarf sales of the latter (only 3 well-known DNA 40 mod producers together with a total of I believe only 3 models across them).

I still maintain it's too early to characterize it as a bust but would agree it hasn't penetrated or wowed the market place like it was hyped to early on. Part of that reason is the chip problems Evolve had, so few mod options in the market, stops in production, not a BIG change in vape experience and lots of people who cannot be bothered to work with Ni200. I'd say give it another few months and see if there are improvements to implementation, variety of choices and ease of use.

Oh and how many of those elites use the same mods over and over with all the freebies they get and the market the way it is? Hell, I almost have a different mod every month or so myself. :grin:

Siam Diesel likes this.