1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hobo RDA Vape V2.1 clone

Discussion in 'Big By-Pass's Atomizers, Cartomizers and Tanks' started by Big by-pass, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Big by-pass
    No Mood

Big by-pass Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Product Description
    Hobo RDA V2.1 Features And Specs

• Hobo Atty V2.1 is Made From 316 Medical Grade Stainless Steel
    • Peek Insulator For Postive Post Housing
    • Hobo Dripper V2.1 Comes With Solid Copper 101 Contacts
    • Dual AFC On Hobo Atomizer V2.1 With 2 Piece Top Cap Design
    • CNC Engraved On Outside Cap And Laser Engraved On The Inside
    • Removable Juice Well With o-Rings For Easy Build Access On The Hobo RBA V2.1
    • Standard 510 Thread With Copper Center Positive Pin
    Price 620THB.
    EMS 50THB.

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

2. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

RIP Trippers just gave an excellent review on this one. Once again khun Big, well done on getting this so fast !

3. Scratchy
    Lurking

Scratchy Well-Known Member

Yeah Big is doing an awesome job keeping on top of and making available clones of the latest and greatest!

I got an Infinite clone of this (yes, I have an RDA farm now) and it's super. Dual coil config with top airflow holes closed off and it makes great flavor and draw a little more open than Veritas. I'm still early into using but early impressions easily has it near the top of my list.

BTW, I also have an Infinite clone of the S.O.D. 5K RDA. Also super but still early on in using. IMO it's my best-looking RDA for sure.

Love the amount of vapor and draw from the Mutation X but it's falling down the pack of my list as flavor is most important to me. I'm lucky to have a nice stable of very good flavor-producing clones including Plumeveil (From Big), Origen V2, Veritas (From Big), Vertex V1 (From Big) and these new additions. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Tibo likes this.
  4. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

I heard so many good thing about that Vertex !

Scratchy, conpare to the MX, this Hobo would me slighlty better for flavor chasing ?

Sent from the future

5. Scratchy
    Lurking

Whoa...had to edit....I was thinking the other atty (Omerta)

Yes, this is definitely a better flavor producer than the MX. I would put it a step above the MX and definitely right up there with the other flavor attys I mentioned. I need more time with it though to get my order of favorites better defined. It has very nice airflow while still retaining the good flavor.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  6. Rick O-Shea

Rick O-Shea iStick Fanboy

Mine is at LAK SI, hopefully have a play with it tomorrow.

Any problems with your insulator Scratchy, heard several reports of issues with several different clones that the insulator can melt if you're not careful.

When you twist the Juice well barrier on (for want of a better word) is it central or does it sit off centre? Not that it really matters, as long as it doesn't line up with the side of the negative pins lol

7. Scratchy
    Lurking

I read that too...I should take a look.....OK, just did and it's completely intact. Whew. BTW, I went with an angled coil, almost 45 degrees so that may be helpful in having a portion of the coil not running directly alongside the insulator....it's vaping really nicely with this setup.

Forgot to reply to the juice well barrier....when fuilly screwed down it is off center and cheating to one of the negative post sides but from all I have seen that is by design.

Here's a pic:

photo10.jpg

Rick O-Shea likes this.
  8. Rick O-Shea

Nice, plenty of room

9. Rick O-Shea

Received mine today along with a couple of other bits. Apart from a concern relating to the insulator, which made my first build a bit tedious trying to position the coils as far away as possible from the deck, I think I do like this atty and may have found one to rival my faithful Tobh in the practicality stakes. I'm actually thinking of buying another one.

10. Scratchy
    Lurking

I like mine LOTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Tibo
    Relaxed

Tibo French Hedonist

Getting one this weekend ^^

Sent from the future

12. Rick O-Shea

Just ordered an all copper one and matching copper SMPL Mechanical lol
    **Updated**
    Of course it goes without saying that the only atty I have without replacement screws is the only atty I have lost a screw from, they are even smaller than the Orchid screws. I ordered a couple more yesterday (with spares!).

I highly recommend trying this atty, it's small, has decent flavour, decent airflow and it's design is extremely convenient in reducing leakage.

Tibo likes this.
  13. Scratchy
    Lurking

Quick update that I looked at a couple reviews and one showed the airflow cut-away grooves centered to center post and other with it off center like mine. So, I don't think off center is necessarily by design. Doesn't matter much to me as I can just build off center. Given the length of the grooves I can cheat them toward the center but it's off center enough that I cannot put my coil dead-center.

One con some may experience is depending on your coil build and placement, you might find it a little hot on a steel type drip tip and if a short drip tip you can get some juice spit back. I haven't experienced the latter but see some people commented about that but did find the heat was quite a bit with a steel drip tip so went with one that had a delrin type base and it's been great. I normally use medium height drip tips on mine and just tried a short one and there was no juice spit back through drip tip for me.

14. Rick O-Shea

My cut away are centred, but like you said it doesn't make much difference.

15. Scratchy
    Lurking

What manufacturer is yours, Rick? Purchased from where? Big's looked pretty good.