1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hi and Tips for planned visit

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by jasc, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

It depends on the police you encounter...if they’re looking for ‘donations’ to the police benevolent fund, they’ll be very interested (and very greedy when they name the ‘donation’)! The army is also interested...but we’ve heard they’re not interested in a ‘donation’.
    Avoid them, if at all possible. Otherwise, make sure your gear/juice is well hidden!
    :vaping: :vaping:

thairak, Konvict and jpr like this.
  2. jasc

jasc Thread Starter New Member

@thairak
    Are they scanning all baggage at Suvarnabhumi customs to find vape gear ??
    Never saw a scanner at customs. Always walked through green

3. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

No, they’re performing random scanning of bags looking for undeclared (expensive) items on which they can levy duty. TH Customs didn’t meet their duty collection quotas last year (or the year before) so now they’re being a bit more active (there’s a thread somewhere on here about that). The scanner at the green channel has always been there, you may have never noticed it before.

Konvict, thairak and jpr like this.
  4. thairak

thairak Well-Known Member

yes, that's true it's not always operating.
    it's just that when they start just one person , others coming up behind think that it's everyone ,
    so the cue starts .....go figure ha ha. but it can be useful because it keeps them busy while we just walk through
    **Updated**
    I have been giving it to my TG she stuffs it in her bag ......but is that a good idea ? I don't know to be honest. not fair on her , I know.
    but it was her idea. and she would get a lot less than me. I think

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Siam Diesel likes this.
  5. vanessanie

vanessanie New Member

6. thairak

thairak Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum vanessanie, vape on and be careful out there

jpr likes this.
  7. MiloMyDog

MiloMyDog New Member

Hey what news do you have on your dilemma? I have a similar problem, coming to Thailand end December. Also Has anyone taken an internal flight with a vape?

8. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

We’ve had no reports of any problems bringing vape gear on internal flights as long as the gear is safely packed for carriage on a plane, i.e., no batteries in your checked luggage, etc. As mentioned in other threads, the people manning the security checkpoints do not work for TH Customs (or enforce their laws).

Konvict likes this.
  9. MiloMyDog

MiloMyDog New Member

Wow what a lovely quick service, thanks for your reply.

Do you know what, it has taken me years to stop smoking cigarettes, and I feel so much better for it, this whole Thailand thing gave me a little bit of a shock, I so did not want to go down the cold turkey route or go back to smoking and I am just not ready in my head space to detox right now.

Loving your forum

Siam Diesel likes this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

IF you bring your gear on vacation here, be very careful if you plan on vaping in public places (incl. bars, etc.)...lots of BS going on with the local constabulary. Check out the FAQ’s for more information.

Konvict likes this.
  11. JimboPerth
    Curious

JimboPerth New Member

To quote Siam, albeit from an old post if you don't mind me, has anyone had any recent experience in Samui airport customs arriving? What has the "reception" being like? Also, I'm curious as to why the internal security (on domestic flights) aren't bothered about the vape gear, is this still the case?

Lastly, I'll be carrying my 18650 single battery in my hand luggage and my small mod broken down amongst my check in luggage. The battery will be in my carry on bag in a battery holder, but I i fear I won't have anything I can say I'll use the battery for, I could just say it's for a camera? ha.

Also, do we have any reports of customs removing ecigs from bags or is it just likely to be the light fingered people from baggage handling trying to steal things?

Appreciate there's some things I've brought up I may have repeated (and brought up an old thread).

Thanks.

12. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

The security scanners don't work for Customs (at least, not yet) - - their remit is to ensure that whatever is allowed on the plane in carry-on luggage is safe for carriage. We had a report that this was going to change a month or so back but nothing has come of it thus far (read forward from this post...it gets better).
    Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand | Page 46 | Thailand Vapers
    I travel with an 18650 flashlight for just that reason. :)
    Can only recall this post...and it was Samui. ;)
    Proposed Thai Laws for Vaping in Thailand

13. JimboPerth
    Curious

JimboPerth New Member

Great reply as Always. Reckon a 18650 compatible power bank would work as an alternative? Obviously not going to use it but it’s there if customs ask?

Basically a power bank with space for a 18650 battery.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  14. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Don't see why not...as long as you can open it to show them how to change the batteries if push comes to shove. I have one but opening it is a PIA...figured a flashlight wouldn't raise an eyebrow and it's useful in case of an emergency when I'm in a hotel. ;)

15. Kitipoom

Kitipoom New Member

Hello, new poster here