1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hi and Tips for planned visit

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by jasc, Sep 21, 2017.

1. jasc

jasc Thread Starter New Member

I want to say hi to everyone here at the forum
    Since I travel to Thailand once a year I have been reading but just as visitor to the site

The new "interpretation" of laws regarding vaping is very sad and I think harmful to all people of Thailand what is even worse. The health of the people should be number 1 priority.

I plan on travelling end of December. And now I see some Options:
    - Bringing the vape stuff in the luggage (not the Batteries of course)
    - Buying some vape gear in Thailand
    - or sending some backup stuff (as gift) ahead to the place I will stay.

What is the best and safest way you think ?
    I read some shops stopped working. And I will not stay in Bangkok or Pattaya. So I am not sure if there is a street market supplier. Well I havent seen one the years before, maybe I didnt look right.

Stop smoking !

Siam Diesel likes this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:
    Yes, couldn't agree more. However, like a lot of western countries, they depend on tobacco revenue to fund many other programs. Here, we have the Thai Tobacco Monopoly..draw your own conclusions as to who has the clout on this subject. ;) However, the underground vaping market is growing rapidly...may not be too long before things change here. :)
    It depends on how much risk you're willing to take...I travel in/out on business and bring my vape gear with me (granted, it's some of my older, smaller stuff). The options you propose are all possible. Consider putting your mod in your pocket when you arrive...if it's not in your checked luggage.

Not sure where you're staying but if you don't see a ecig shop, ask the curio/souvenir sellers if they have any tucked away. Of course, the problem is that the gear will be expensive and may not be genuine. At a minimum, I'd suggest bringing your attys, juice & batteries (along with an 18650 flashlight, of course).

If you need to find local sellers, have a look in our FAQ's.
    Thailand Vapers FAQ's - READ THIS FIRST (There are NO B&M Vape Shops) | Thailand Vapers

Konvict likes this.
  3. jasc

I will stay in the Rayong Region

Well I dont like to get some bad situation at customs :-( So I considered sending some stuff via DHL.
    Putting it in my hand luggage, I feel very unsafe. I would put it in the checked luggage... Dont know if this is better or not...
    I feel really uncomftable :-( :cry:

4. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

So far, the only thing we've heard that will happen is they'll take your gear and send you on your way to spend money! :D
    NO!!! Do not use DHL...it's almost guaranteed to be seized by TH Customs on arrival...the only method for sending gear here is regular air mail (add 'registered' for tracking). :)
    Pattaya isn't far away...there is gear available at the larger night markets...but caveat emptor! ;)
    :vaping: :vaping:

Dieter., Konvict and jpr like this.
  5. Dieter.
    Fine

Dieter. Secret Member

:welcome::vaping::vaping::vaping:Welcome to the forum, and the wonderful world of vaping in Thailand.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  6. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

:welcome:

Siam Diesel likes this.
  7. winwin

winwin Birder on the run

How long will you stay ?

8. jasc

2 weeks ...
    **Updated**
    vacation is getting closer and I am really unsure what to do :-( :-( :-(
    i think i will buy stinkies
    dont know what to do
    this is so bad :-(

9. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

You'll have to decide how much risk you're willing to bear. But if you do it as suggested on here, there's little chance your gear will be found, and if it is, play the "tourist" card. Worst that can happen is that they seize what they find.

Konvict likes this.
  10. jasc

So suggestion is:
    Everything but batteries dismantled and in checked luggage

11. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Depends on what you’re bringing...you could also consider putting a mod in your pocket before coming through the Green Line (after a bathroom break).

Sent from my P3 Ti...

jpr and Konvict like this.
  12. jasc

Hmm, I planned 2 Atomizers and 2 mods (Dual 18650)

13. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Siam Diesel and jpr like this.
  14. Greg

Greg New Member

I wish I had bought my gear. I bought stinkies. The smell is revolting.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

15. thairak

thairak Well-Known Member

Hi Greg welcome to the forum. As you probably saw yourself at customs green channel, there are people queing to put their stuff through the scanner ,
    These are mostly all newbies to Swampy, look to the left side and you will see usually the customs guy sorting them out and its clear . so just
    slow the walking pace until your close and then speed up go straight through no looking , and no eye contact. just look ahead and walk.
    no problem. I came through , two weeks ago, all in my checked bag, batteries in my pockets and carry on, I am also in Rayong area but vaping away happily.
    however I do drive a rented car and there are lots of checkpoints, I don't know if these police or army are interested in this vaping law or not.
    I drive up to Sa Kaeo area and also through Bangkok to Cha Am . so if anyone has any thoughts on the traffic checkpoints I would love to hear .