1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Help putting together 1st gear

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Xaos, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Xaos

Xaos Thread Starter New Member

Hey, about to order first ger, got no clue, it all needs batteries and charger...

Will use บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า | น้ำยาบุหรี่ไฟฟ้า | ราคาถูก | ราคาส่ง – THAI VAPE SHOP

Show me your perfect setup, including vaporizer mod, liquids batteries charger, ready to use set.

Quality stuff for a good price.

Heres what I put together without much research : https://i.imgur.com/lGiWLUc.png

That vapo is preorder so long waiting, may b something good that its in stock?

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

If you’ve never vaped before, you might consider checking out this thread and ordering one of the recommended kits.

Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!) | Thailand Vapers

Until you have a better idea of what you like, I’d avoid spending a lot of money on “separates”.

As for juice, consider trying a straight menthol until your taste buds come back (takes 2-4 weeks)...if you were a pack-a-day smoker like I was, I started at 16-18 mg of nic and reduced from there. If you start with low nic juice, you may not get the nic you need to stay off the stinkies.

Good luck...you’ll never regret making the switch!!

moonoy93, oil, Konvict and 1 other person like this.
  3. Xaos

Thing is I want good gear, get it once and im done.

4. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Good gear one and done?

OK

Buy the Geekvape Aegis and Zeus tank and a good battery charger. Dont worry about having enough large battery's for the Aegis it comes with a rubber adaptor for the 18650's.

Rock on!

GVAEGI-2.jpg

vapenw-geekvape-zeus-rta-kit7.jpg

5. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Hmmm, an RTA that the OP would need to coil & wick before he could vape it (I see that it comes with 2 coils...but really)? I wouldn't recommend that as a first tank for someone who's never vaped before. A tank with drop-in coils is much better for a beginner IMHO. YMMV

Unlikely at best...vaping is a progression. Part of the fun is learning to use new gear once you know what you're doing (read up on Ohm's law).

Nakhonsisean and Konvict like this.
  6. Serenity

Serenity Well-Known Member

If you're serious about quitting cigarettes you are going to need more than 1 setup anyway, to switch flavors during the day or just as a backup ,accidents happen and sometimes a mod or tank just craps out on you for no apparent reason.

Difficult to buy the perfect setup at the first try anyway since you probably don't know yet what works best for you, also vaping progresses quickly and there are alway better products being released.

If you want something that holds a lot of juice in a small package then squonking is the way to go, you do have to learn a bit about ohms law though.

As a beginner I would recommend an eleaf pico squeeze ( has all the protections, can charge through micro usb, cheap, small) and a haku phenom ( easy to build on, almost 0 leaks, great flavor)

Get some premade ss316l coils in the 0.3-0.6 ohm range to see what you like , doesn't have to be any fancy coils. Can talk to the new coil guy on here (name ?) Or buy simple round wire coils from thaivapeshop.

Good luck

moonoy93 and aging one like this.
  7. Nakhonsisean

Nakhonsisean Well-Known Member

I really would go for something as simple as possible for your first device. I can't imagine why anyone would suggest RTAs, RDAs or squonkers, all of which need you to master building and installing your own coils and then wicking them, which is an art in itself and if you get it wrong, can create problems for you. As @Siam Diesel says, stick to stock/drop in coil devices. Thaivapeshop seems to have little in the way of real starter kits in stock, some of the pre-order stuff on the site has been on pre-order for many months so avoid that. Only remotely suitable things there seem to be the following:

บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า SMOK - Priv V8 Kit ยี่ห้อ SMOK ราคาถูก| THAI VAPE SHOP
    บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า SMOK - G150 ยี่ห้อ SMOK ราคาถูก| THAI VAPE SHOP
    บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า Joyetech - Primo Mini With ProCore Aries ยี่ห้อ Joyetech ราคาถูก| THAI VAPE SHOP
    บุหรี่ไฟฟ้า Geekvape - Aegis Kit ยี่ห้อ Geek Vape ราคาถูก| THAI VAPE SHOP

The Aegis mod might be a bit bulky as an only mod and I see they don't sell 26650 batteries for which is best suited. If you did like the Aegis, you can get the iJoy 26650, which is probably the best 26650 battery, from:

Thai Vape Mall (ขายบุหรี่ไฟฟ้า ปลีก-ส่ง | น้ำยาบุ)

Also, your juice selection, I suspect, is going to do you little good. Would find something in a nicotine level higher than 3mg, at a pinch 6mg or better 10-12mg. Going above 10-12 mg on stock sub-ohm tanks will probably be a bit much. Higher than that, I think, is really only suitable for MTL (mouth to lung) tanks.

As said above, you'll probably want to try other stuff out in the future, start simple and let your vape journey take its natural progression.

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  8. Xaos

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Nakhonsisean likes this.
  9. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

Well he lives in Thailand aint exactly easy to find replacement drop-ins now is it? Not like he can pop on down to his local vape shop. Better he learn how to coil and wick now.. YouTube is great place to start. Where i learned.

Serenity likes this.
  10. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Not easy but not impossible either.

Moot point now...he’s already placed an order.

Konvict likes this.
  11. Donkey
    Amused

Donkey Well-Known Member

and in 30 days when those drop-ins get nasty with gunk and taste like wilder beast ass he'll be back on the fags. :pleasure:

12. Xaos

thats orite its quick test, i want see if i like it

i can always get diff gear

Konvict and Siam Diesel like this.
  13. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

I hope not, for his lungs' sake. ;)

Donkey and Konvict like this.
  14. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Don't worry, I already use 4 years atties with drop-ins!

Wow, it is very strange if they say that after 30 days I should already be back on the stinkies.

Siam Diesel likes this.
  15. Anbessa
    Thinking

Anbessa Come&Go Member

:)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Konvict likes this.