1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Hello Vapers

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Jeoooo, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Jeoooo

Jeoooo Thread Starter New Member

I'm jeo. I came here looking for advice. I live in Phukey. I've been smoking for about 8 years now, a pack a day. So now I'm looking for a more safer alternative, so i came here to get advice on vaping. Where should I buy my equipment? What non-explosive brand should I look for? How should i get started? Are there flavors similar to the overpoweres menthol of marlboro black :D? I hope somebody can post a response. Have a great day guys.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

3. Jeoooo

Hello Siam, I'm from Phuket. Thank you for the link I will browse them. Any inside tips you can share? :)

4. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Always buy a lot of back ups!

Never buy battery chargers or batteries that has a brand name with "Fire" in there!

:welcome:

farangmick, jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

:welcome:

Konvict likes this.
  6. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

This is a good thread on starter kits...
    Starter Kit Recommendations for New Vapers (NO 'New Poster' Posts!) | Thailand Vapers

If you order from overseas, don't use any of the fast delivery services (e.g., EMS, DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.)...your gear is almost certain to get seized by Customs. Standard airmail seems to be the best bet. ;)

Konvict likes this.
  7. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

8. b1and

b1and New Member

hi man

9. Jeoooo

Hi brothers. Thanks for the welcomes. Looking forward to hang out here alot.

I'm planning to get the pricey touchscreen joyetech. But was also looking at the cheaper E-leaf. I have no idea about the different watts. What makes it different hardware wise and quality wise. Maybe the cheaper one is better for beginners? I can't wait to start vaping but is so hard to get a mod in Thailand.

10. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

Actually it is not difficult at all; just pick a mod, atty, coils, battery and e-juice, send an e-mail/pm/Line message to the seller to ask for the total price, transfer the money, send another e-mail with a photo of the transfer slip and your address, wait 1 or 2 days, open the package and vape away.

11. Jeoooo

Sure bro, if there are physical shops that'd be easy. A shopkeeper usually gives you a crash course on the correct things you need, what suits you best and all that, Where to regularly buy liquids and coils. In the net i need to carefully research before i blow my money because i don't have a lot of it. By the way, marlboros in thailand cost like B125 about 4 usd per pack, do you think i can save more when i switch to vaping? Assuming i only buy the cheap menthol liquids. How long does a 30ml last for you?

12. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

13. farangmick
    Worried

farangmick Well-Known Member

:welcome:Hi, and welcome to TV.
    Siam Diesel has already posted the important links. These are just a few observations of my own.
    1. Don't be seduced by the claims of manufacturers or vendors. There has been an explosion of new products in the last year. A lot will disappear just as quickly.
    2. A lot of so called starter kits are only suitable for direct lung inhale, like smoking weed. An awful lot of vapers progress to that, but for a first attempt it might be a bit much.
    3. Personally I have several mods over 75 watts, with bells and whistles, yet never go above 30w. Most of my vaping is around 11.5-12.5 watts.
    4. Buy an Aspire Nautilus tank for flavour.
    5. Don't go for the cheapest juice, but Feellife from one of our vendors is a good way to try many flavours cheaply until you decide what you like.
    6. If you want big clouds, ignore all the bollocks I've just written.
    Good luck.

Konvict, Tokay, samui and 3 others like this.
  14. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

An app to know approximately how much nicotine you should need.
    Consommation E-Liquide

low tar nicotine juice wen you're just quitting can be a mistake just because you have to vape a lot and you could feel unhappy.
    I depends for sure from: how much you smoke, since how long, and yourself.

Siam Diesel and farangmick like this.
  15. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

A pack a day you might be good with a cheap ego AIO, a few spare coils and some 16mg feelife or joyetech liquid. No need to buy an expensive touchscreen mod in the beginning. It's like riding a motorbike; you can either start off with a scooter and be happy with that, or decide later that you like it and want to upgrade to a bigger bike. Or you could buy a Yamaha R1, fall off a lot and have a difficult time learning by which time you'll either get used to it or decide it was a waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Siam Diesel, jpr and farangmick like this.