1. Welcome to Thailand Vapers, an English language forum for members in Thailand and the rest of Asia to talk about vaping.
    Commonly referred to as e-cigarettes, vaping is really about the use of personal vaporizers (mods) and atomizers (tanks, clearos, RBAs, RDAs, RTAs) filled with e-liquid.
    Are you looking to get started or an old hand at vaping? Everyone is welcome here so sign up today and talk vaping with us!

Cool Hello, new poster here

Discussion in 'The Thailand Vaping Newbies' started by Byk, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Byk
    Relaxed

Byk Thread Starter Vaper since June 2016

Hello fellow vapers!

I started sub-ohm Vaping by getting my gear on my last Malaysia / Kuala Lumpur trip.

I got the following setup from a shop near KLCC. I was pretty clueless at the time. That was back in June 2016:

* IPVD3 - Works pretty well. No Complaints
    * LG 18650 Battery
    * Tobeco Super Tank Mini
    * 6 Tobeco Coils (that's all they had)
    * 6 various eJuices. Some awesome, some harsh on the throat. Most Malaysian juices seem to add menthol which I don't mind. Was able to bring the entire setup into Thailand without issues in my carry-on backpack. I broke apart the various pieces of my mod so that the thing doesn't attract too much attention in the scanners.

Where I'm at:

I tried ordering various eJuices from the vendors here in Thailand: Mickeys, Vapormist, VVVapers, and then other Thai Online sources that I probably can't mention as I'm posting as a newb.

Some of the eJuices were a waste of money. Even after steeping Joytech, Mount Baker Vapor - I'm having a tough time. Seems that the Malaysian juices are my favorite but it's a hit and miss as some are too sweet and clog up my coils.

Ordered a bunch of stuff from aliExpress like replacement coils, a second Tobeco tank, Sony Batteries. Everything came in without issues. Some stuff I'm still waiting for, like a battery charger and LG batteries.

This hobby is definitely not money saving here over cigs. I seem to be spending a lot on eJuices as I do tend to chain vape the good flavors. It's always disappointing though to get an eJiuice that turns out to be less than what I was hoping or un-vapable.

Also would like to DIY - ordered a bunch of flavours, PG, VG from Chemipan and so far the only thing I was able to be vape (non-nic) was Coca Cola at 10% + sucralose. Tried various single-flavors at 10% and some sucralose and looks like I need to step up the flavors percentage. Not much success and no nic, which is a bummer. I prefer my nic at 6%

I'm in Naiharn, Phuket and there are no vape shops on the island that I know of. Would be happy to meet some fellow vapers.

Anyway, my first post. Nice to meet you all.

jpr and Siam Diesel like this.
  2. Siam Diesel
    Lurking

Siam Diesel Nauti Moderator Staff Member

Byk and Konvict like this.
  3. Konvict
    Relaxed

Konvict ProVari Moderator

4. pierdon
    Relaxed

pierdon Well-Known Member

5. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

6. sezze

sezze Active Member

Welcome .
    I do not like menthol or similar flavours . I like the fruity ones . I did order something sweet before (Suicide Bunny , Original bunny ) , because it is sweet , but not all tastes all the same . For me ,the fruity ones are the ones i'm interested in and those are basically the only ones . Everybodies taste is different . Now i know what i do like and not like, i not change nomore , only in the same productgroup . Vaping now for 6 weeks , takes some time to know your tastegroup .
    ps had the liqua 2 apples ( probably fake ) , and it tasted very anisy like which is for me probable the worst i ever had ever . Never give me a "cool" flavour again please ....
    If you found yours , go with it and remember it , so you can change once a while for something you like also ( i think you need a few different liquids to stay interested , keep of from smoking )

Byk likes this.
  7. McKloud

McKloud More Vape, Less cigs

8. CumulusMaxim

CumulusMaxim Member

Hi new member and 1 month vaper here, in Bangers.
    I ordered 77flavor African mango and Spanish pineapple, the latter has a little menthol.
    Both good but I prefer the mango. Bought online from vape club malaysia

9. Tokay
    Lurking

Tokay Well-Known Member

Glad you've dove head first into vaping and even DIY but seriously, do not vape chemipan flavors! They're food flavours and may contain stuff that's not safe to vape, not to mention destroying your coils with all that sucralose. These flavours contain anything from ethanol alcohol to palm oil - both safe to eat but not safe to vaporize and inhale..

This is also why you're having to use them at 10%+ with little flavour. Get some proper flavour brands like Capella, TFA/TPA, Flavour Arts, etc. They last you longer, will taste better and safer in the long run.

jpr likes this.
  10. Bantorvaper
    Mellow

Bantorvaper Well-Known Member

11. ozadr1an

ozadr1an Member

Hello, new poster here (Just following the PM Advice for new members ;) )

12. McKloud

McKloud More Vape, Less cigs

Welcome to TV

13. jpr
    Cloud_9

jpr Well-Known Member

14. b1and

b1and New Member

you're welcome

15. rosselur

rosselur New Member

Hello, new poster here